Turn on thread page Beta

Sorry, it's a bit long, but it's all important information!...

I fell in love with this girl, I went on two dates with her, she liked me, we got on so well...but then she had to return to her home country (Austria) as she was on a gap year.
    She wanted to stay longer, but it didn't work out.

Anyhow. She's been gone since June. We had very little contsct in the immediate weeks after that, but since then- nothing.
    I didn't want to contact her as I was hurting, and wanted to get over her.
    I thought I had, but in truth I never really did. I was in denial.

I met this other girl that I was interested in, but she started to like another guy. That brought back all the feelings again, and made me think of the last girl.

Added to that, the Austrian girl has been posting pics on Facebook (over the last few months), about love and it not working out.
    The latest one was an instsgram post of a field of flowers in a heart shape (taken by her), captioned with:
    "We wernt supposed to, but I guess we were just two people who happned to fall in love."

Now I know that doesn't refer to anyone before me...I just don't know if that is aimed at me, or someone else she may have met in the last 6 months.
    What do you think?

Also...next week I'm off work thurs-tues. I was thinking of flying out there fri-Sunday? Though we haven't had contact in 5 months?

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't had contact for 5 months why would you fly out just to see this girl in the hopes that this instagram caption may be about you? Isn't that weird and stalker-ish and do you even know where in Austria she'd be?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her, see what she says. I wouldn't just turn up at her door all of the sudden.

(Original post by jadys10)
    If you haven't had contact for 5 months why would you fly out just to see this girl in the hopes that this instagram caption may be about you? Isn't that weird and stalker-ish and do you even know where in Austria she'd be?
    Not stalkerish if I already follower her and her me. Took me by surprise my newsfeed.
    It's not off the basis of this though. It's over our whole time together and who she is.
    Yes I know where she lives, she gave me her address.

(Original post by 1501)
    Talk to her, see what she says. I wouldn't just turn up at her door all of the sudden.
    Oh no, deffo wouldn't do that! I would have to message her first...

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of 'What If'. Go watch it. Very good film and you will learn from it.

(Original post by LeftArmOrthodox)
    Reminds me of 'What If'. Go watch it. Very good film and you will learn from it.
    How do?

Bump before I go to bed!

Bump

This reminds me of Eurotrip

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone all around the world after girls as I just seem to always get along better with the foreign ones that don't live here... so I say yes go for it, no regrets!

ReputationRep:
    Why not? If it doesn't work out spend the week getting over it in Austria.

(Original post by az08)
    Ive gone all around the world after girls as I just seem to always get along better with the foreign ones that don't live here... so I say yes go for it, no regrets!
    I've noticed cultural differences are quite good for relationships and attraction. I don't know about you but most foreign accents are hard-wired into my brain as hot.

ReputationRep:
    Build up some courage to initiate the conversation and just start it off with 'hey, how's it going ? haven't talked to you in a while' something simple, it's understandable that you're concerned if you got to know this girl pretty well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.