The Student Room Group

Opinions about Sixth Forms in London.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pomppufiilis
Holland Park isn't bad, pretty good track record as of late and generally a good mix of people. My sister went there and I was there for secondary school. Most people get good enough grades for university as well if that's what you're aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your opinion. Do you know when you can to apply? And what you think, there will be an issue with me being from different country, no grades that apply in this case. I know that not much of a problem if you apply like every other person and just pass the interview but I wan't to know if it will be an issue? Like they could ask me to pass tests or so. Did they meet with it before? (Stupid question) Did you knew someone like me in similar situation?
Original post by bae
I was honest. Which is something that not everyone can be proud of. Congeniality? You have to deserve it. You didn't. As I said, HONESTY not bull**** and you're full of bull****. Next time don't serve bull****, if you don't know what you're talking about - just shut up. Everyone deserve education, no matter if you're poor or rich. No one can limit me because I'm from different country! It's just hilarious, you're f*cking racist.

Well, that escalated quickly...
Original post by bae
Thank you for your opinion. Do you know when you can to apply? And what you think, there will be an issue with me being from different country, no grades that apply in this case. I know that not much of a problem if you apply like every other person and just pass the interview but I wan't to know if it will be an issue? Like they could ask me to pass tests or so. Did they meet with it before? (Stupid question) Did you knew someone like me in similar situation?

I don't really know tbh, when I was there there were many international students but again, it might have changed over the last few years. Best to check the website.

I would also recommend you to try out city of Westminster college. If you are hard working and go out of your way to work it's worth going as they accept a whole range of students of different abilities and backgrounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Latymer consists if druggies now. They're going downhill imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynmous
Well, that escalated quickly...

Woah I've just gotta defend the person who suggested single sex schools here, as you weren't very clear on that. And also it's probably practical to assume lots of schools in the English education system are more likely to be able to interpret the English grading system (gcses) like chill it's a real and tangible harm not racism. Hate random calls and accusations of racism when it's not, like in this case - they were trying to help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bae
I was honest. Which is something that not everyone can be proud of. Congeniality? You have to deserve it. You didn't. As I said, HONESTY not bull**** and you're full of bull****. Next time don't serve bull****, if you don't know what you're talking about - just shut up. Everyone deserve education, no matter if you're poor or rich. No one can limit me because I'm from different country! It's just hilarious, you're f*cking racist.

Hi Bae
Just joined the forum a few days ago. I am a mum looking for the best state 6th form college for my son. Most of the posts on this site do have a preference for select schools,but dont let that hold you back. I have carried out some research over the weeks,and suprisingly enough not all the postive results from state 6th forms,are published in the Telegraph or Tatler. So if your still searching I can give you the results and references so you can see an cross reference yourself. Do mention what area you are looking for and your prefered subjects. So do PM me ok.
Reply 26
Take from me, do not go to St Charles. The college is not as good as it use to be :frown:
Reply 27
Okay I go to chelsea academy and let me just say I hate it, it's such a bad school they really just don't help. The fact that it's in chelsea doesn't mean it's posh or private lol it really isnt actually in the lower school there are so many hoodrats, the sixth form and lower school aren't separated and therefore there's loads of them there you feel like ur going to suffocate honestly barely can walk down the corridors. I've been there for a while now came up from lower school and after first year of AS I really want to move, I did fine in my AS I didn't fail but I wanted better and honestly wanted to move to St Charles but I'm scared to move because of the mixed reviews. Anyone want to give me a personal review on the college I have an interview on Wednesday.
Btw Holland park is a good school from what my friends say about it. It used to have a bad reputation and stuff but I also heard from various friends that teachers don't really care about you ? But that's a few personal opinions
Reply 28
Woodhouse or holland park school
Which one is better

Quick Reply

Latest