Alaqa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I was given a psychology essay title asking how Piaget accounts for cognitive development in children and I am really stuck, I've been trying to think of all the things I could discuss but I just feel so lost if you could please advise me on some ideas I could discuss it would be extremely helpful, I have some idea but I feel like I need help will be very appreciated
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are your ideas so far?

I've got some notes I can look at for Piaget so I can possibly offer some suggestions, but it would be good to hear your initial ideas first.
sarahelizabeth18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alaqa)
Hi I was given a psychology essay title asking how Piaget accounts for cognitive development in children and I am really stuck, I've been trying to think of all the things I could discuss but I just feel so lost if you could please advise me on some ideas I could discuss it would be extremely helpful, I have some idea but I feel like I need help will be very appreciated
For Ao1, I'd describe each of his 4 stages in some detail, state that his approach is based on the idea that each child learns best independently through discovery learning and also that he believed it was important for a child to be biologically ready before they advanced to the next stage.
Revenged
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Piaget's theory of development was based on observation of his own children. As his children were from a wealthy swiss doctor -there are not typical. particularly stage four of his theory, formal operational, it is not a stage most children reach at 11. formation of abstract ideas is not common at such an age. His ideas are famous as as before this the vicotorian idea was that children thought and felt like adults and were treated as 'little adults' was held. Piaget theory changed this view - but important to learn the flaws to theory as well !
alifleih
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Object permanence
Stranger anxiety
Conservation
Morality (pre-, con-, and post-)
Concrete and Formal
Sensorimotor & Preoperational
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads