Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any point going on a Tinder date? (girl) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've heard all the usual chat about Tinder only being for hook ups, is this true? I got Tinder yesterday because I was curious and I thought I'd try something new and at the very least it'll be a laugh but is there any point going on a tinder date if I don't fancy sex straight away (I always make this very clear to each guy that's spoken to me if the topics come up by the way)?

Also do guys just say yes to every girl on there, because the number of matches I get just doesn't seem right? Looking for a bit of insight, haven't got a clue really

Guys will right swipe pretty much anything because Tinder is heavily bias towards girls. So out of 100 right swipes for guys, they may only get a handful of matches unlike a girl who will get well over 50% matches.

As a girl, I have had over 300 matches in two weeks (probably right swipe 1 in 10 and live in a capital city). a few guys do ask straight up after matching but have never had guys I speak to for over a day bring up the topic of sex.
    Have met up with 6 guys which were a laugh and all were 'nice' guys and gentlemanly with nothing to suggest they were creeps/too forwards. 4 ended at the first, 1 at the second and 1 I have been seeing for 2 months now.
    From experience, I have been more comfortable going out with guys that I have mutual fb friends with and that is not disregarding the others, only it has been harder to find common grounding with (where we were in different professions, studied at different universities, came from different cities despite having similar interests).

Am an advocate of Tinder, it helps you learn more about yourself: what you like/don't like, meet people beyond your social circles/day to day living and have a go at 'casual dating'!

Coming from a guy, ye you may get a lot of matches but the odds are the same for finding some one who is after a serious relationship, you just have to find some one who is after the same outcome as you. I've been on many Tinder dates this year, some just ons and some a couple dates but I have been seeing this girl for about a month and a half now and it is going really well.

Just keep swiping and stay optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. I've been asked on a date this Saturday...I'm intrigued to see how it goes, been talking to this guy for 4 days now. Seems its luck of the draw really but glad you've both had quite positive experiences!

ReputationRep:
    One of my good friends at uni met her ex and a few other serious dates on tinder. Easily done

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    Thanks for the advice. I've been asked on a date this Saturday...I'm intrigued to see how it goes, been talking to this guy for 4 days now. Seems its luck of the draw really but glad you've both had quite positive experiences!
    Hope it goes well!!

One tip, go in with low expectations and you'll never be disappointed after all meeting through an app in itself is pretty strange to come to terms with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hope it goes well!!

One tip, go in with low expectations and you'll never be disappointed after all meeting through an app in itself is pretty strange to come to terms with
    Thanks! Yep I'm going in with 0 expectations but a lot of nerves part of that is the fact that I haven't dated a nearly a year though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.