help i need a tour guide! Watch

disenthrall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there! I'm a high school student from the states, and I'm going to europe this christmas to tour some schools. Edinburgh doesn't seem to have any scheduled tours on the days I'll be there and I'm a bit wary of the self-guided tours (my sense of direction is probably equal to a dead squirrel's). I would appreciate it immensely if a current student could give me a quick tour of the school. (probably on the 22nd)
Thank you!!
UPSDGoat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by disenthrall)
Hey there! I'm a high school student from the states, and I'm going to europe this christmas to tour some schools. Edinburgh doesn't seem to have any scheduled tours on the days I'll be there and I'm a bit wary of the self-guided tours (my sense of direction is probably equal to a dead squirrel's). I would appreciate it immensely if a current student could give me a quick tour of the school. (probably on the 22nd)
Thank you!!
I'm away that day, but it might help to say which schools you'd be interested in seeing?
disenthrall
Rep:
?
oops sorry about that! I'm visiting Edinburgh and st. Andrews when i'm in scotland, this post was directed mainly towards edinburgh, but it would be great to have a student show me around st. andrews as well
UPSDGoat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oops sorry about that! I'm visiting Edinburgh and st. Andrews when i'm in scotland, this post was directed mainly towards edinburgh, but it would be great to have a student show me around st. andrews as well
i'm an Edinburgh student!! The problem would be that a lot of students will be away for Christmas at that point. Is there any school/ campus you're wondering about?
disenthrall
Rep:
?
(Original post by UPSDGoat)
i'm an Edinburgh student!! The problem would be that a lot of students will be away for Christmas at that point. Is there any school/ campus you're wondering about?
This is probably the only time I'm going to be in Europe before I graduate high school, so I'm going to binge-visit as many schools as possible while I'm there and hope that I won't end up in some obscure village in Thailand. I'm checking out UCL, LSE, Oxford, Kings, and possibly durham. If you are not in school during christmas, do you think any of your friends who are would be willing to help me out?

Thank you!xx
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is probably the only time I'm going to be in Europe before I graduate high school, so I'm going to binge-visit as many schools as possible while I'm there and hope that I won't end up in some obscure village in Thailand. I'm checking out UCL, LSE, Oxford, Kings, and possibly durham. If you are not in school during christmas, do you think any of your friends who are would be willing to help me out?

Thank you!xx
I think that what UPSDGoat is getting at is, what do you want to see? There's a lot of university, spread across a large area - and you clearly won't be interested in seeing everything.The university will be very quiet - you might as well follow the self-guided tour, there's really not tonnes to see that a current student would offer.
disenthrall
Rep:
?
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
I think that what UPSDGoat is getting at is, what do you want to see? There's a lot of university, spread across a large area - and you clearly won't be interested in seeing everything.The university will be very quiet - you might as well follow the self-guided tour, there's really not tonnes to see that a current student would offer.
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. When I read college/campus, i immediately jumped to different schools. (still under the american mindset) It's going to be my first time going to Europe, so if someone was willing to spend a few hours answering my questions and pointing out regular places the uni students visit I would feel a lot more comfortable. The self-guided tour is definitely an option, but i would prefer to talk with another student.
thank you for clearing that up!xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads