Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the obvious (oxford and cambridge) what are the best universities for international relations?

ReputationRep:
    I guess LSE and St. Andrews are famous for their IR courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disenthrall)
    Aside from the obvious (oxford and cambridge) what are the best universities for international relations?
    Cambridge isn't strong in IR. Departments tend to specialize, so you should really consider whether a particular department aligns with your methodological/functional/regional interests. That being said, in general, these are probably the top five departments in the UK:

LSE
    Oxford
    St Andrews
    KCL
    Aberystwyth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by War and Peace)
    Cambridge isn't strong in IR. Departments tend to specialize, so you should really consider whether a particular department aligns with your methodological/functional/regional interests. That being said, in general, these are probably the top five departments in the UK:

LSE
    Oxford
    St Andrews
    KCL
    Aberystwyth
    thank you! I've never heard of aberystwyth, but it looks beautiful. i'm going to do some research.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 3, 2014

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.