Study Abroad: The Uni of Hong Kong or National Uni of Singapore? Watch

euphorie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys!

I am currently deciding between the two universities to spend my second year's second semester as part of study abroad programme. However, I am very confused as to which one to choose as the degree I am studying is law LLB (I study in the UK) and I need to think of both student experience and studies.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the two universities?

-What is student life like? I am a very social and active person so I do not want to feel left behind as I will be starting in the second semester wheres everyone else will have already formed their groups. In which university would people be more accepting?

-Activities/parties etc. Do you know which city would be better in terms of entertainment?

-Studies. Which one would be harder? I will spend 6 months there and although I am ready to do whatever it takes as a law student, I also want to be able to enjoy life!

-The city. Do you know which one is cheaper/better/less strict and have more university students?

-Accommodation opportunities. Do you know if the university provides with accommodation in the middle of the year for half-semester exchange students? If so, are the ones they provide have any downsides? I also can't say that I like shared rooms... Also, is it possible to rent a reasonable priced flat for 6 months?

-People. I do not like poshness a lot although I can accommodate to it as long as there are those who are not like that and with whom I could be friends with. Which city is more known for their friendly people?

These are the questions I can think of right now but I would greatly appreciate any insight given as I am desperate for any kind of knowledge!

Thank you very much!
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think they are very, very similar.

-What is student life like? I am a very social and active person so I do not want to feel left behind as I will be starting in the second semester wheres everyone else will have already formed their groups. In which university would people be more accepting?

Not sure. Possibly NUS because the local students are native English speakers.

-Activities/parties etc. Do you know which city would be better in terms of entertainment?

Hong Kong.

-Studies. Which one would be harder? I will spend 6 months there and although I am ready to do whatever it takes as a law student, I also want to be able to enjoy life!

The same.

-The city. Do you know which one is cheaper/better/less strict and have more university students?

Hong Kong is cheaper unless you go to only the cheapest food centres in Singapore.

I think Hong Kong is better.

Hong Kong is freer, bigger, more populated, more exciting.

Hong Kong has more university students.

-Accommodation opportunities. Do you know if the university provides with accommodation in the middle of the year for half-semester exchange students? If so, are the ones they provide have any downsides? I also can't say that I like shared rooms... Also, is it possible to rent a reasonable priced flat for 6 months?

Not sure. Probably expensive for both.

-People. I do not like poshness a lot although I can accommodate to it as long as there are those who are not like that and with whom I could be friends with. Which city is more known for their friendly people?

Most people are not posh. I don't think either is more known for their friendly people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed