apprenticeship or college course? (travel and tourism) Watch

shys14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Shall I aim for an apprenticeship or college course? My goal is to become an air hostess
Alphred_canaan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apprenticeships are more practical and you still are working towards a recognised qualification, I would totally recommend apprenticeship.
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shys14)
Shall I aim for an apprenticeship or college course? My goal is to become an air hostess
Id do an apprenticeship.
My sister did an apprenticeship at a travel agents, and she is doing really well. She has thought about being an air hostess.
Whereas a couple of people she knows did travel and tourism courses at college havent managed to get jobs in that area of work (they have various other jobs).
Ryan_Anthony_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shys14)
Originally I started a college course, lasted about 6 months before I'd had enough of the bull**** and took an apprenticeship, Since then have been made "Advanced technician" earn 3x what I did when I started, have a company car and loving every day of it... All in 6 months

Not relevant to Air hostessing but an apprenticeship was the best thing I ever did, go for it.
Jess & Nick RMA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Shys

Good question.

Apprenticeships do give you a grounded understanding about how the industry works. As well as this, you attain qualifications and get paid. We have information on those related to leisure and tourism. Have a look at:

http://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.u...sm-hospitality

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed