Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's December and we only have 1 month until 2015. What do you think the worst trends of 2014 have been? IMO 2014 has been a pretty dire year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by datpiff)
    It's December and we only have 1 month until 2015. What do you think the worst trends of 2014 have been? IMO 2014 has been a pretty dire year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think bringing back the 90s trend...... walking into Miss Selfridge in the summer was like being 12 again... i.e. tie dye crop tops and hotpants... eeek! Wasn't good the first time round.....

:shakecane:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    I think bringing back the 90s trend...... walking into Miss Selfridge in the summer was like being 12 again... i.e. tie dye crop tops and hotpants... eeek! Wasn't good the first time round.....

I saw a trouser skirt in H&M and got very afraid :afraid: ... but luckily they didn't seem to catch on. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)

Even though there's the massive nostalgia factor, I hated the 90s. They stunk (but not as much as the 80s).

I see 15 & 16 year olds walking around in crop tops and hotpants and I don't know how their parents let them walk around city centre like that. When people are wondering which is shorter (the top or the pants) it's time to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kids walking around these days like rejects from Clarissa Explains it All:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417428799.002995.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  50.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those loom bands just kinda came and went didn't they? Scoobies lasted a bit longer at least.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I saw a trouser skirt in H&M and got very afraid :afraid: ... but luckily they didn't seem to catch on. :yy:

Nooooooo!

:ahhhhh:

Hideous!

ReputationRep:
    Those big silly beards sticking out at the sides that every man and their dog has been trying to grow.

ReputationRep:
    Frozen
    its been everywhere this year like shops,tv,radio,magazines and I'm a bit sick of it

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculously fake drawn on eyebrows!
    Girls wearing 90's man sandals and weird patterned leggings.

ReputationRep:
    People drawing on eyebrows
    The rise in UKIP popularity
    Some girls putting so much on it looks like they have painted make up onto their faces
    Frozen

ReputationRep:
    Bucket hats, check shirts tied around waists.

Will update..

ReputationRep:
    Mom jeans + anything high-waisted, and those annoying green coats with fur lined hoods.

ReputationRep:
    90's tracksuits, oversized clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Mom jeans + anything high-waisted, and those annoying green coats with fur lined hoods.
    Parkas?

ReputationRep:
    Parka's are not uncool.

But backwards caps on the head of every rent boy is... there's another.

ReputationRep:
    That short back and sides quiff on top haircut. Not even cool on Olivier Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    Dip-dye, ombre, whatever you want to call it, hair.

Sometimes it can look nice but the vast majority of ordinary people I've seen doing it just like they neglected to get their roots done or had a bad accident with bleach!

ReputationRep:
    Lumbersexuals?

ReputationRep:
    twerking got a whole new upgrade this year, yeah it's nice but too much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.