Problems at work ? Watch

redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got promoted to team leader at work and its mainly security work, ever since my promotion its been them on us, in security work communication and team work is a major quality that everyone must poses. When something happens I go in with someone or for small issues I will tell someone else to do it.
There is nothing wrong with that but there are a lot of people at work *****ing about it saying that Im doing it wrong and sometimes making difficult situations awkward and hard just to make me look bad. Bearing in mind I could get assualted but they still do it to make me look bad.

I always get complaints for the slightests reasons my team leader says just leave it and let them do the job if they think they can do it better. I think they just dont like me being in charge as im young and studying full time or whatever their reason is.

What can I do, if this esclates I was thinking of posting it up with the managemnt. One time a few weeks ago someone was willing to fight me for no reason and said he would smash my head in :eek: WTF.
SkyT
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, this sounds like a pretty serious situation. But again you can also see it as a great challenge that will definitely help you in your future career.

I think the first problem is, as you have identified, that your colleagues don't want to be told anything by you as you are pretty young and still studying. Secondly, I think there is also a lot of envy involved as you got promoted and not them. It might not even be your leadership style that causes the problems, if your colleagues simply want to give you a hard time.

However, I'm not so sure if filing a complaint with management will solve the problem. Because this will let you look like a snitch in front of your colleagues, but might also give the management the reason to look into your promotion and your ability to do the job.
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SkyT)
Well, this sounds like a pretty serious situation. But again you can also see it as a great challenge that will definitely help you in your future career.

I think the first problem is, as you have identified, that your colleagues don't want to be told anything by you as you are pretty young and still studying. Secondly, I think there is also a lot of envy involved as you got promoted and not them. It might not even be your leadership style that causes the problems, if your colleagues simply want to give you a hard time.

However, I'm not so sure if filing a complaint with management will solve the problem. Because this will let you look like a snitch in front of your colleagues, but might also give the management the reason to look into your promotion and your ability to do the job.
Thanks for your reply. Firstly it's a part time job not really a career but it's good I enjoy it. In terms of complaining to the management ill only do it if I have evidence on my behalf to show my worth and that there in the wrong. It's hard as that can't be done yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads