Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has been talking about coding recently and I wondered if people think it's relevant to future jobs, or only if you want to work in digital?

There's a course from Decoded I want to apply to - and it's been offered free here but I don't want to sign up if it isn't going to help me? https://gothinkbig.co.uk/win

Has anyone else been on that course?

ReputationRep:
    If coding really interests you, then by all means learn to do it!

If you have really great coding skills, you can be really sought after by employers. On the other hand, decoding business can be really tough and many coders and programmers are working a lot for literally nothing.

So all in all I think it really depends, if you can make use of your coding skills for your own entrepreneurial projects it's might be quite helpful for your career.

ReputationRep:
    IMO despite all the hype Its not a general skill most people need.

However your attitude is very utilitarian good coders enjoy coding so maybe you should try it just to see if you have an interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    IMO despite all the hype Its not a general skill most people need.

However your attitude is very utilitarian good coders enjoy coding so maybe you should try it just to see if you have an interest.
    This.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.