Garage changed my spark plugs about 1 months ago, now car feel's shuddering a bit Watch

Smiley face. YAY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
about 1 month one week ago my car had it's MOT. main thing it failed on was emissions, I paid £45 to have diagnostics done and wasn't surprised when he told me no fault codes. the engine was spot on asides the emissions so I never suspected a mis - fire.

he told me he replaced the spark plugs in the procedure anyway but whether he actually did or not I'm not sure.

now a month later usually when driving at slow speed or changing gear my car shudders a little. noticed this over last few days.

would it be anything to do with when the garage supposedly replaced the spark plugs or would I have noticed my car shuddering right after getting my car back from them and not a month after?

car has almost 156 k on the clock- petrol
Walkaah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah was probably the garage that messed it up. Why don't you have a look yourself? Try taking one out and then drive and see if it makes a difference perhaps, then alternate them until you find out which one is faulty.
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smiley face. YAY)
about 1 month one week ago my car had it's MOT. main thing it failed on was emissions, I paid £45 to have diagnostics done and wasn't surprised when he told me no fault codes. the engine was spot on asides the emissions so I never suspected a mis - fire.

he told me he replaced the spark plugs in the procedure anyway but whether he actually did or not I'm not sure.

now a month later usually when driving at slow speed or changing gear my car shudders a little. noticed this over last few days.

would it be anything to do with when the garage supposedly replaced the spark plugs or would I have noticed my car shuddering right after getting my car back from them and not a month after?

car has almost 156 k on the clock- petrol
Shuddering could be a lot of things especially when changing gears. Best bet is to take it back to a garage as you don't want to risk any self-diagnostics when the gear box is involved. Take it back to the same garage and say that the spark plug they put in may have gone, since that can cause the engine to fire on less cylinders.
Camoxide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could be the fly wheel
Could be coil packs failing.
Could be something has come lose.
among over things
Legend Kaze
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have a bit of experience on this matter lol.

question? does your car struggle up hills?
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a cheap longshot, check the tubing to/from the MAF. I had an older Mercedes C180 with occasional shudder at idle, turned out to be cracked plastic connecting piece joining sections re air intake tubing; fiddling around for access to plugs could (subject to layout) have disturbed similar on yout car. Mine was fixed with a length of tape binding the connector. It is a long shot but could be a nil cost fix.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed