Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This may seem like a pointless question, but here goes...

Im reapplying and when I applied last year there was a box on the form you had to tick to say if you had applied through ucas previously, and enter your old application number. (or so I remember). I searched in vain for a similar thing on my application this year, but with no luck, so I just sent off my application.

Then, because I suffer from paranoia (esp when it comes to ucas) I thought it might look like Im trying to cover up my reapplication, even more so as I have heard other people who have had the mystery box to enter your old application number.

I phoned ucas just now, and they said they didnt need my old number, it wasnt important I was reapplying and they didnt need to know basically.

So really, I was just wondering if they are telling me the truth (they havent done in the past, useless bumbling people that they are).

Has anyone else who is reapplying been asked to submit their old number?

Ta for any help, and sorry I have rambled on, but ucas make me nervous...

ReputationRep:
    I am reapplying this year too and after I entered my uni course choices and pressed the finish button online a box came up asking me for a previous ucas number and I put mine in there. Cant explain why yours didnt come through though :s a bit weird but if they said it didnt matter I would be inclined to believe them. If you are really concerned why not ring up again because it will probably be a different person you speak to and they may give you the same or a different answer....oh and take the persons name incase in future you find out they're wrong. sorry cant give a def answer

ReputationRep:
    ta emsy. im in a mood now, so will probably phone em later when im feeling more calm. i couldnt be held responsible for what i might say to them otherwise...

grrr, i hate ucas. why do they make something so important so difficult??? *goes and cries* lol.

ReputationRep:
    Another reapplicant... I can remember that I was able to fill it in. Maybe UCAS can change it when you call them. However I am not sure or it really influences your application. I don't think it's worth worrying about.

ReputationRep:
    A screen asking for a past UCAS application number comes up once you click 'section finished' on the course choices section. It says 'if known' though so it's not that important. I didn't put mine in.

ReputationRep:
    oh lord im gonna have to phone em again, arent i? i didnt get the screen when mine went off, it just sent it and now i have my welcome letter etc.

actually, sod it. its their problem its broken not mine. i told them about it, they said not to worry, so i shant. happy faces!

(i might phone them anyway though. i am a worrier... )

ReputationRep:
    If you do ring them, try not to restrain from ripping them to pieces over the phone and/or death threats.....

ReputationRep:
    Just a random question, while I am about and have my very own thread. If someone was to email a uni admission dept or two (which is me, i am having another worry i feel i should resolve before leaving the country for the year) how would you start it?

Dear so and so?
    To whom it may concern?

Everthing I write seems a bit, well.. odd. I dunno. I normally just email people with a friendly HIYA!!!, which is obviously not appropriate...

ReputationRep:
    I usually use something like: 'Dear Admissions Committee', I think 'To whom it may concern' sounds a bit impersonal...:rolleyes:
    Viel Spass in Deutschland (sonder sorge)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicklet21)
    This may seem like a pointless question, but here goes...

Im reapplying and when I applied last year there was a box on the form you had to tick to say if you had applied through ucas previously, and enter your old application number. (or so I remember). I searched in vain for a similar thing on my application this year, but with no luck, so I just sent off my application.

Then, because I suffer from paranoia (esp when it comes to ucas) I thought it might look like Im trying to cover up my reapplication, even more so as I have heard other people who have had the mystery box to enter your old application number.

I phoned ucas just now, and they said they didnt need my old number, it wasnt important I was reapplying and they didnt need to know basically.

So really, I was just wondering if they are telling me the truth (they havent done in the past, useless bumbling people that they are).

Has anyone else who is reapplying been asked to submit their old number?

Ta for any help, and sorry I have rambled on, but ucas make me nervous...
    No they really don't need it, UCAS won't tell unis you're reapplying even if you do put the number on, it's just something they want you to do so they can double check something or other - be VERY glad you didn't put the number on, it means they take effing ages to "make sure your application this year isn't a duplicate" or some other such bullsh*t:rolleyes:
    I know this from personal experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicklet21)
    Just a random question, while I am about and have my very own thread. If someone was to email a uni admission dept or two (which is me, i am having another worry i feel i should resolve before leaving the country for the year) how would you start it?

Dear so and so?
    To whom it may concern?

Everthing I write seems a bit, well.. odd. I dunno. I normally just email people with a friendly HIYA!!!, which is obviously not appropriate...
    When I email admissions people, I usually start with "Hello,". To me it avoids too much formality (since email isn't a particularly formal method of communication) while not sounding too colloquial.

ReputationRep:
    Ta to all who have replied, very grateful, and feeling much better about things in general (which considering I have "killer" flu is remarkable really.. ) Now I can go and worry about other things. Packing for gap year for example...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.