Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's apparent Conservative party at least it's elite are all corrupt lying psychopaths who never deliver their promises on issues like the EU and immigration.UKIP would hopefully deliver what the Conservative party claim to be promise it's voters? It's not just Cameron's Conservative party it was John Major, Thatcher and even Edward Heath who only ever gave the public false hope.Yet we continue to vote for this same party over and over again.People have short term memories.

ReputationRep:
    Why would i want to defect?

Farage is a hypocrite, Dianne James has already said Ukip won't respect an 'In' vote because it will mean the referendum was rigged. No better than the SNP.

Farage bangs on about the EU when what i want is severely restricted non-EU immigration.

Ukip's social policy is somewhat backward.

There's simply little incentive to me.

ReputationRep:
    What promises have UKIP kept?

ReputationRep:
    One of my Tory friends has described UKIP as "Pinheads all. I can't stand Nigel Farage. He's a preening, populist popinjay."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth Offends)
    It's apparent Conservative party at least it's elite are all corrupt lying psychopaths who never deliver their promises on issues like the EU and immigration.UKIP would hopefully deliver what the Conservative party claim to be promise it's voters? It's not just Cameron's Conservative party it was John Major, Thatcher and even Edward Heath who only ever gave the public false hope.Yet we continue to vote for this same party over and over again.People have short term memories.
    Progressive will continue to vote for the Progressive Conservative party. So they will win many votes. UKIP will split their vote likely upon class lines and on social issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    One of my Tory friends has described UKIP as "Pinheads all. I can't stand Nigel Farage. He's a preening, populist popinjay."
    No the Tory no longer exists. The Conservative isn't the same as the one which was called the Tory party. Conservatives are not Tories.

You friend seems to be a plonker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

Farage is a hypocrite, Dianne James has already said Ukip won't respect an 'In' vote because it will mean the referendum was rigged. No better than the SNP.

Farage bangs on about the EU when what i want is severely restricted non-EU immigration.

So you are a Progressive then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    What promises have UKIP kept?
    What promises have the Conservative kept?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    So you are a Progressive then.
    Depends on the issue.

When it comes to foreign affairs, defense, education and tax and spend i'm right of the current Tories.

When it comes to health (i include drugs as health rather than domestic liberties) and the constitution i'm about in line in with the Tories. Immigration i could be said to be right of and left of the current Tories).

When it comes to private vs public i'm of the right but left of the Tories (i don't object to part-state companies in some sectors) and i'm also relatively liberal on stuff like prostitution and gay marriage.

Ukip is left of me for foreign affairs (opposes military interventions) and iffy on spending (quite vague here but we'll have to wait for the manifesto), They are in line with me on defense, education, tax, health and the constitution. They are only really right of me on immigration, private vs public and social policy.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the issue.

When it comes to foreign affairs, defense, education and tax and spend i'm right of the current Tories.

When it comes to health (i include drugs as health rather than domestic liberties) and the constitution i'm about in line in with the Tories. Immigration i could be said to be right of and left of the current Tories).

When it comes to private vs public i'm of the right but left of the Tories (i don't object to part-state companies in some sectors) and i'm also relatively liberal on stuff like prostitution and gay marriage.

Ukip is left of me for foreign affairs (opposes military interventions) and iffy on spending (quite vague here but we'll have to wait for the manifesto), They are in line with me on defense, education, tax, health and the constitution. They are only really right of me on immigration, private vs public and social policy.
    Yeah so you are progressive. I am a Loyalist so a radical Tory. I don't agree with UKIP or the Conservative on anything. I am a member of UKIP simply because they want to leave the EU and oppose immoral marriage. There is no difference between the Conservatives and UKIP on government spending, regulations, laws, tariffs, taxation. I am not for or against military actions depending on the situation, however I want to double defence spending, leave NATO and limit regular military operations to the British waters, Mediterranean, Atlantic and Caribbean. No regular operations East of the Suez Canal or West of the Panama Canal.

ReputationRep:
    No the Tory no longer exists. The Conservative isn't the same as the one which was called the Tory party. Conservatives are not Tories.
    Your opinion. A third of the country at the least thinks otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Your opinion. A third of the country at the least thinks otherwise.

No the fact is the Tory party was a Loyalist party and the Conservative party is Unionist. So a third of the country is wrong and doesn't know anything about the political history of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth Offends)
    Because not all tories are racists.

ReputationRep:
    The main issue that would stop me from defecting from the Conservatives to UKIP is that I'm very supportive of our continued membership of the EU. I suspect Nigel wouldn't be altogether too happy with these sorts of views in his party.

Oh, and I don't mind gays, etc.

ReputationRep:
    No the fact is the Tory party was a Loyalist party and the Conservative party is Unionist. So a third of the country is wrong and doesn't know anything about the political history of the country.
    This is only true if we take your own personal views of what 'loyalist' means. This is especially problematic as you write off a third of the country as 'wrong', as if your personal view matters more.

ReputationRep:
    I think when it comes to it you will see UKIP winning more votes from current non voters and Labour than they will Conservatives.

ReputationRep:

Why should UKIP respect an 'in' vote if they believe it's been rigged? UKIP also wants severely restricted EU and non EU immigration. That's what its points style immigration policy is about. Do you only want non-EU immigration severely restricted? If so, why? It's a non starter anyway with the Tories.

What's 'backward' about UKIP's social policy?

ReputationRep:
    is that the same as "a swivel-eyed loon" ?

:confused:

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The main issue that would stop me from defecting from the Conservatives to UKIP is that I'm very supportive of our continued membership of the EU. I suspect Nigel wouldn't be altogether too happy with these sorts of views in his party.

Oh, and I don't mind gays, etc.

i think that sums up why most conservative voters wouldn;t consider UKIP , UKIP are on the very fringes of conventional politics

OP came in a very loaded ' right on' leftie perspective

the biggest risk UKIP pose is splitting the vote next year so there isn't either the follwing outcomes ( in order of benefit to the UK )

Conservative majority
    Continuend Con-Dem coalition
    Lib-Lab coalition
    Labour majority

it took Blair - Brown Labour 10 years to remove all the progress made under the previous conservative governments, with their statist and authoritarian view on everything as well as their penchant for none job creation in health, education and social care.

given Milliband's union puppet satatus and the fact they want to put Balls back as chancellor means labour could well have the UK back into recession within minutes of forming government and to the IMF before 2018

The NHS is NOT safe under Laboutr - just look at what is happening in Wales where the style over substance policies of the period 1997-2010 have continued ...

given that milliband is a union stooge expect the public sector to see a renewed massive wave of politicla commissars and crowd pleasing targets combined with top down authoritarian stifling of innovation and excellence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamora)
    Why should UKIP respect an 'in' vote if they believe it's been rigged?
    So one would assume then that they would have another referendum?

Of course that isn't true. UKIP isn't about democracy or doing the right thing. It is an interest group for Nige and his mates who want out of the EU. EU membership is their thing - all the other stuff they come up with are add on policies they thought up by seeing what was on the front page of the Mail on any given day.

They don't care whether most people want to stay in or whether membership is a benefit to the UK. That's why they would not hold a referendum or respect an in vote if one was held.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.