Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

i'm at loughborough at the moment, feeling a bit down about the whole uni thing, not really getting on with it, getting a bit bored of the campus layout and stuff like that!

I'm studying elec eng, and finding it a bit dull, and struggling with the whole making friends thing etc etc. I also miss everyone back home, and a couple of my mates from school/college, including my gf go to bristol. I was thinking of transferring down there to be in some more familiar company...

Whats bath like as a uni? is anyone doing the electronics course? it looks fairly similar to the loughborough course. How does bath rate with the other unis?

cheers everyone

ReputationRep:
    On the surface bath is very sports orientated, and science orientated and quite a small uni. Ethnicly, it is very varied though, which creates a good atmosphere. reputation wise, baths bound to be better than loughborough i would have thought. id say transfer, it will be much better if your around freinds and family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sezchwarn)
    On the surface bath is very sports orientated, and science orientated and quite a small uni. Ethnicly, it is very varied though, which creates a good atmosphere. reputation wise, baths bound to be better than loughborough i would have thought. id say transfer, it will be much better if your around freinds and family.
    I heard the complete opposite, that it isnt very much varied at all

ReputationRep:
    Its probably less varied than most of the "city unis" (e.g. manchester, london, etc) but there are a large number of people from different ethnic backgrounds.

In terms of campus - its a LOT smaller than Loughborough and has a much smaller union. The actual city of bath is similar in size to the town of Loughborough but is a much nicer place to live, work and go out - although the clubs are a lot smaller.

ReputationRep:
    I do elec eng. I quite enoy the course and rate it pretty well. Most of the lecturers are nice people, obviously i havnt been to lough, but I am having fun in bath.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.