Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything against chavs in general, but what really annoys me are kids who get totally warped by the idea that being a chav makes you appear to be "hard". The other day I was walking past the local shopping centre and there were a group of chavs chatting away minding their own buisness when all of a sudden two puny kids who looked about 9 popped out from behind the crowd and start running round everwhere and looking as if they wanted to beat everyone up and they were totally harrassing this lady. In the mid 90s if you were 9 you played hopscotch, now I see kids smoking in the street and I even caught some of them shoplifting. I mean they can't be prosecuted until they're 10 so no wonder they commit crime. I wasn't even allowed to go to the park by myself until I was 12 (when I didn't actually want to go to the park anymore) and that was the same with my friends. Now I see groups of seven-ten year olds going shopping by themselves!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    same. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    same. :/
    Hmm, what's your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    Comrade Lenin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Comrade Lenin.
    Hmm, if Stalin lived today, he wouldn't have to wait for him to die, he could just send his army of miniture chavs to his home to annoy him which would drive him into exile.

ReputationRep:
    ;no; even Stalin couldn't do that to Lenin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    ;no; even Stalin couldn't do that to Lenin.
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOfTheSuperSubSquad)
    I don't have anything against chavs in general, but what really annoys me are kids who get totally warped by the idea that being a chav makes you appear to be "hard". The other day I was walking past the local shopping centre and there were a group of chavs chatting away minding their own buisness when all of a sudden two puny kids who looked about 9 popped out from behind the crowd and start running round everwhere and looking as if they wanted to beat everyone up and they were totally harrassing this lady.
    More fool her. She should've given the little *******s a clip 'round the ear.

I mean they can't be prosecuted until they're 10 so no wonder they commit crime.
    It's 8 up my way. Even so, you'd think the police would give them the talking to of their life or refer them to a children's panel or something if they were continually committing crimes. Unfortunately these days the forces of law and order don't care much about any crimes.

ReputationRep:
    a clip around the ear these days would probably get you a prison sentence. the police spend all their time prosecuting innocents for b******t crimes that exist only in their minds to deal with real criminals anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be made legal to be able to hit them repeatedly with a heavy, blunt object. See location for reason of hostility.

ReputationRep:
    savvysaviour how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    15.. to be 16

ReputationRep:
    All shoplifters should be shot on the spot by shop security no matter what age (especially if they're chavs). Little buggars. Even at the age of about 2 I realised that I shouldn't do that. Their parents should be shot repeatedly as well. Obliterate the scum

ReputationRep:
    *reps*

ReputationRep:
    The youth of today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess_Peach)
    The youth of today
    Need a good slap. "We're going out" "Were?" "Spar to drink some white lightening and pretend we're p***** and harrass people for ****" "Have a nice time"

I blame the parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raspy)
    Need a good slap. "We're going out" "Were?" "Spar to drink some white lightening and pretend we're p***** and harrass people for ****" "Have a nice time"

I blame the parents...
    Yes.

I firmly agree with liberal parenting at a reasonable age - ie, not needing to ask your children where they're going - but the fact that it is handed to them far too young is the problem and it is from this they are developing habits that last their entire youth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib North)
    Yes.

I firmly agree with liberal parenting at a reasonable age - ie, not needing to ask your children where they're going - but the fact that it is handed to them far too young is the problem and it is from this they are developing habits that last their entire youth.
    Some parent's just aren't responsible enough.

ReputationRep:
    I blame the parents.

They are lazy and not disciplined enough.

They only have kids so they can receive Child Benefits

ReputationRep:
    then i read somewhere the other day that some "young mothers" are smoking heavily through birth as they want a smaller baby so childbirth isn't as painfull!!! what the hell is all that about, do these people realise what they are carrying is not a toy but a human being??? It sickens me....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.