The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby university adult nursing interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StoneA1
I am sure you will be fine! The interview is really relaxed and you have plenty of time with the maths and literacy test, breaks, getting to know people and stuff before you have your individual interview which is only 5 minutes or so.

Just try to relax and be yourself it was the best interview I've been to😊

Thank you very much wish me luck. What question did they ask on the one to one interview ?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Hello! I was offered a place on the mental health branch and I know the questions don't differ between branches.

At mine there were two interviewers- a nurse lecturer and a nurse practitioner. The questions they asked me were-

Why have you chosen this branch of nursing?
What experience do you have that will give you an advantage?
Tell us about a time you showed courage?
What does commitment as a nurse mean?
Why this particular uni?
Why is communication as a nurse important?

it is really relaxed, but make sure your know your 6Cs!

X
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KittyAnneR
Hello! I was offered a place on the mental health branch and I know the questions don't differ between branches.

At mine there were two interviewers- a nurse lecturer and a nurse practitioner. The questions they asked me were-

Why have you chosen this branch of nursing?
What experience do you have that will give you an advantage?
Tell us about a time you showed courage?
What does commitment as a nurse mean?
Why this particular uni?
Why is communication as a nurse important?

it is really relaxed, but make sure your know your 6Cs!

X

I already done an interview for derby uni l was asking for Sheffield Hallam university interview questions
I've accepted an offer for sept at Chesterfield campus!!! Can't wait 😊
Reply 144
Original post by Samanthatc
No sadly l didn't get accepted at Derby. The maths and English was good and the group interview but the one to one interview had 3 questions and the people interviewing me didn't give the platform or opportunity to display my skills or why l choose Derby as my first choice. I am gutted tbh. How did everyone else do.

Oh no hopefully you will get a place somewhere!
Original post by StoneA1
Oh no hopefully you will get a place somewhere!

No l want derby. Taking my chances with clearing on results day. Thank you for your kindness and the advice you've given me .

Many thanks to all
Reply 146
Does anyone no what the timetable is like at Chesterfield campus?

Thanks
Hi guys,

Im applying for adult nursing for 2017, just wanted to know how was the interview and what did it involve :smile:
Reply 148
Original post by tonimaria
Hi guys,

Im applying for adult nursing for 2017, just wanted to know how was the interview and what did it involve :smile:

I had my interview today for March 2017. The interview was very relaxed. You have a group task where you watch a video and have a discussion on what you watched. Then you have your one to one interviews, mine did not last any longer than 10 mins with only 3/4 questions. It was more like an informal chat and the staff were very lovely. Make sure you remember your 6 C's and just be confident :smile:
Original post by Kirstyzoie2008
Dont panic the maths test is easy you won't need a calculator but you cant have one anyway. When I was there there were some people in for 2 Mins and some for 20 mins when they ask a question relate to care experience you have I find it helps me. Unfortunately I dont know if they made me an offer as I withdrew to firm notts as that's the one I decided I wanted after my interviews were finished. Good luck guys im sure you'll do great :smile: xx

What would you say is best to look over for the numeracy tests?
Original post by Samanthatc
No sadly l didn't get accepted at Derby. The maths and English was good and the group interview but the one to one interview had 3 questions and the people interviewing me didn't give the platform or opportunity to display my skills or why l choose Derby as my first choice. I am gutted tbh. How did everyone else do.

aww you can take a gap year gain more expereice and reapply !!! Kepp positive !!! Any advice on maths tests?
Original post by Jeess344
Hello, I have an interview at the Chesterfield Campus on the 18th of December. I was wondering if anybody else on here has got an interview on the 18th. So excited/nervous at the same time! Really worried about the maths/English tests and the group activity to be honest. Has anybody else already been to a interview at Derby, what was it like?x

Yes the tests are very easy and straightforward, you have to watch a video then have a group discussion for which you participation is assessed and the actual interview for me was two questions. 1) tell me about yourself and 2) why do you want to be a nurse and what can you offer? The interviewers are lovely and make you feel so relaxed. Don't panic, just remember your calculator! I'd didnt but they let me use my phone calculator!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did it go
Original post by Lozloz1
Has anyone got this interview on the 12th? i have for adult nursing! x
what questions came up for the numeracy and literacy

Original post by KingLhasaApso
Yes the tests are very easy and straightforward, you have to watch a video then have a group discussion for which you participation is assessed and the actual interview for me was two questions. 1) tell me about yourself and 2) why do you want to be a nurse and what can you offer? The interviewers are lovely and make you feel so relaxed. Don't panic, just remember your calculator! I'd didnt but they let me use my phone calculator!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lovelivelife
what questions came up for the numeracy and literacy

The maths are things like you have eight patients who need 250ml of morphine each. Each bottle contains 600 ml. How many full bottles would you need to order.

So total for patients is 2000ml, therefore you'd need to order 4 full bottles to cover it.

Convert a figure in mg to micro grams then to nano grams.

English is which word is spelt correctly?
Which sentence has the correct grammar?

A lot of it is just common sense. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending