Im planning have hike in Ben Lui, Scottish Highlands.... Watch

jane1025
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you think bringing a hammock will help me on the trip?
what do you recommend?
standreams
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't hiked Ben Lui, but in my experience (and a Google image search) there are very few if any trees at higher elevations in the Highlands- so not sure what use a hammock would be. If intending to sleep outdoors, a tent or bivvy bag would be better.
brabzzz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
+1, a hammock ain't the tool for the job (in the Highlands, generally), even if it is a fancy one. It is a landscape characterised by heather rather than trees.

Ben Lui is a day hike. Why bring anything apart from an emergency bivvie bag?
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Take care with both the weather and visibility at this time of year. It can have ice in the winter and you need to have the proper equipment to traverse and navigate and if need be hunker down if things do get bad.

Goes without saying someone ought to be expecting your arrival and know your proposed route before you set off, also presume you will not be solo.

The mountains in Scotland should never be underestimated, especially during the winter months, please make sure you take appropriate precautions, clothes and equipment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads