Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at tesco tommorow and i jus wanted 2no what type of things they'll ask me in the interview...PLZ help

ReputationRep:
    Theres a thread on this forum about interview questions and answers, if you look back through the pages it should be there.

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember of my Interveiw with Tesco it was a rather strange set-up.

We were split into two groups each with one Manager. We were asked questions as a group and responded in a group (ie discussing amongst each other to come up with the solution). We were scored based on the answers we offered and on the basis of how well we worked as a team etc.

The sort of questions we were asked were relevnt to tesco and it's business model. An example that I can remember was:

"You are working in the home shopping department and are doing a shop. You only have a certain time in which to complete the shop. A customer instore approaches you to ask you where a product could be found in store. What would you do?"

It will be stuff along those lines. It will be based around the core values of the company and the philiosophy of "Every Little Helps" (which is the backbone of everything Tesco does). They look for people who are full of energy, enthusiasm and determination with a can-do attitude.

Now I'm going to shut up before I sound like some sort of Possessed Tesco freak (if I havn't already).

Good Luck with your interview. Just relax and show energy, enthusiasm and determination with that can-do attitude and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    My Interview at Tesco was really quite an enjoyable experience. Rather than partaking in a group interview as mentioned above, it was a simple one-on-one interview with my prospective department manager. The questions where predefined, as were the preferred answers (which are graded on a four tier scale of; Blue [exceptional], Green, Amber and Red). Then i was given a quick half-an-hour tour of the store with one of my prospective team mates, here all that really hapened was that you got explained to you the responsibilites you hold and the general tasks you would be expected to perform on a daily routine. After the quick work experience, i got called back and was given the ability to choose which of the three jobs i wanted, and the corresponding hours too (yes, they liked me ).

The main advice i can give you is to appear interest, enthuasistic and demonstrate a real desire and determination to learn about the Tesco corporation and their numerous mantras such as Every Little Helps, and Every Customer Offer Help (ECOH - the staff company motto)

ReputationRep:
    What Department are you in?

ReputationRep:
    It was just for a checkout position part time. Had the interview this afternoon and she said that i will be offered a job and that they have to sort out my contract. Thanks for the help....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1988)
    What Department are you in?
    Me, or the topic starter?
    I began working on the Hardware department on Non Food, then transferred across to the Health and Beauty section of Non Food, whilst still retaining some of the responsibiltiy from my previous position. Then ended up adding Checkouts to my department list too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.