Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basically my sixth form are clueless! but at AS i did history, physics, maths, and further maths, got an E in further maths so dropped it and am currently doing the other 3 at A2. however in further maths i did stats 1 and cos i got an E i thought theres no point so am doing stats again this year but as part of my maths A2 instead, so basically i cant cash in on further maths. but what do i put down on ucas?? do i put down that i studied it and got an E? or do i not add it in? or something else?? please help ive been trying to find out for ages!😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    please someone😁

ReputationRep:
    If you got an E in further maths AS with S1, you cannot do normal maths A2 also with s1. Because you passed further maths you will need to choose another applied unit - s2 sounds good.

As far as I'm aware you can't have one applied module as part of two separate alevels. Unless your further maths wasn't cashed in, then your s1 might not "count" and you might be able to do it as normal A2.

(Original post by c_k62)
    please someone😁
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    If you got an E in further maths AS with S1, you cannot do normal maths A2 also with s1. Because you passed further maths you will need to choose another applied unit - s2 sounds good.

As far as I'm aware you can't have one applied module as part of two separate alevels. Unless your further maths wasn't cashed in, then your s1 might not "count" and you might be able to do it as normal A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah thanks, i havent cashed in my further maths AS which is why i can do stats 1 in my maths a2, but its just about do i put it on ucas still or not??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its best to declare it, it doesn't Count as an a level if you got a U in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_k62)
    yeah thanks, i havent cashed in my further maths AS which is why i can do stats 1 in my maths a2, but its just about do i put it on ucas still or not??
    Are you resitting S1 or not? I can't work out what maths modules you're doing right now.

I would delcare AS further maths at grade E, your other three AS grades as well, then your alevel maths physics history as PENDING. In your "AS further maths" declare your S1 grade and then as your a-level maths which is pending declare your S1 module as pending (IF you are resitting).

You need to talk to your Head of Maths tomorrow and work this out. I can't believe your school didn't cash in Further Maths AS, almost everyone cashes in AS nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Are you resitting S1 or not? I can't work out what maths modules you're doing right now.

I would delcare AS further maths at grade E, your other three AS grades as well, then your alevel maths physics history as PENDING. In your "AS further maths" declare your S1 grade and then as your a-level maths which is pending declare your S1 module as pending (IF you are resitting).

You need to talk to your Head of Maths tomorrow and work this out. I can't believe your school didn't cash in Further Maths AS, almost everyone cashes in AS nowadays
    basically im treating it as if i never did further maths, so its fine for me to do stats cos its as if i never did it cos im not countingg or cashing in the further maths grade. i asked my sixth form heads of years and maths teachers and they dont know!!! its ridiculous isnt it!!! but basically for further maths its as if i only did 2 modules instead of 3 i suppose...? because im now just doing stats in maths instead, leaving just m1 and fp1 in my further maths as.. i dont know if im making any more sense haha

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.