Does anyone else get as annoyed as me at people who don't just "do it"? Watch

lou_100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some people seem to think small tasks require designated times and a tremendous amount of effort. Tasks get put off and put off or it's "I have time on Thursday, I'll do it then".

The tasks I refer to are things that take between 1 and 10 minutes out of your day to do, sometimes they can take up to an hour but silly excuses are made for why they can't be done despite someone having the whole day off, sometimes can be fairly pressing or important, or other people are depending on you to do them, but you just don't go and do it. Sometimes in the end, when they don't get done YOU'RE the one who has to go to it if you want or need it done before 2020.

Examples are hoovering the kitchen, sticking some towels in the washing machine, even anything like making a quick event page on Facebook or emailing over a document that someone's asked you to send.

My current example, a girl I'm living with in 3rd year at uni keeps saying "I'll go into the estate agent when I'm free and in the area" - well she has no deadlines at the moment, the lettings agent is basically on campus and she goes into university for an hour or two each day then comes back to sleep and watch tv. She also keeps saying "we should book viewings for this and this and this house" but she seems to think calling to book a viewing takes hours out the day? It's about 3-5 minutes. You could do it over your morning tea. Hence I've been doing everything just in frustration of her taking days and days to do something which is really pressing and needs to be done asap. Which in itself doesn't bother me as I'm also free…

It's the principle… the procrastination, excuses, laziness, lack of effort and then the "oh you've done all the work I feel bad now!". Clearly I just have mug written on my head.

Sorry for the rant. I needed it. I'm probably sounding like a nutcase I just don't like it when people just don't DO.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought this was gonna be about something else when I saw the thread title, my bad
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree somewhat.
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
Hehe, I'm definitely not one of those people ... :innocent:
miser
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I disagree completely. Laziness is merely a willingness to accept convenience. All the convenience in the world is out there, just waiting for you not to get up and get it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise