Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Canadian)
    *points to self*

Haha, yeah, I've had this problem for years, girls like me too much cos I'm sweet and it's not till after we've become good friends they know I'm a tough little ****er. LOL

What do you think of nice, sweet, but somewhat crazy goths?
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cpfoxhunt)
    I just don't get how some guys can be like so callous about relationships - like say having three going on at once etc.
    Some women do this too.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't get how some guys can be like so callous about relationships - like say having three going on at once etc.
    I tried this once. Not carrying on two "relationships" as such, but having two girls on the go at once who both believed I had romantic intentions towards them. In essence, keeping my options open.

I learned my lesson from that one. Won't be doing it again.

ReputationRep:
    they are overrated. if you got one youd be bored and complain.

to girls, "sweet/cute" guys are mainly just friends. and this, they find infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    I love sweet guys ^_^ Then I know they won't (well, are unlikely to) be horrible to me <3

ReputationRep:
    but would you really want to have sex with someone who could be your friend? i think there's a fine line between curtious which means not treating her badly, but treating her with respect and generosity, but being a doormat is a sure way to say goodbye to sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Canadian)
    What do you think of nice, sweet, but somewhat crazy goths?
    you were doing alright till you said goth

ReputationRep:
    NICE GUYS FINISH LAST

a guy can be sweet and nice and everything you want- and then you wont want him, it doesnt work like that, you want to feel like you have to work at it, that he's not just there every time you want him and wont do anything for you.

you'll get bored, avoid eye contact and then get back with your ex-boyf. oooops. rant over.

ReputationRep:
    I agree....most people who say they like nice sweet guys don't really mean it in the strictest sense - they want an individual who also happens to be caring, and friendly (i.e. doesn't play games) when you first meet them. Guys who class themselves as "nice" are either dull (who else wouldn't be able think of a word other than "nice" to describe themselves :p:?) or complete pushovers.
    I personally love a bit of spunk and individuality - no pushover. If he happens to genuinely be friendly, open and caring then that would be amazing. In short - stop trying to get girls and be yourself - nobody is simply nice and sweet.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl obviously. Some get sickened by the idiotic type, pretending or are genuinly only interested in ''one thing'' etc and prefer ones who are clearly nicer and much more eloquent etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    nicer and much more eloquent etc.
    Are you associating eloquence and niceness? I'm pretty eloquent but I'm also seriously unpleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Are you associating eloquence and niceness? I'm pretty eloquent but I'm also seriously unpleasant.
    Well usually if theyre eloquent they tend to be less crude. helping the whole issue of that bit of my post that you got rid of.

ReputationRep:
    sweet guys = beta male

bad boy = alpha male

beta males are the ones women look to for setting up shop and look after the kids with. someone who can provide for her and be depended on

alpha male is someone who women want to f*** because they have the right genetics. if alpha males get the women, then alpha males will continue their genetic line. so the women look to the alpha males in the hope of creating new alpha males (or indeed alpha females... the ones the alpha males go for) to continue *their* genetic line

ask science

ReputationRep:
    My bf is very nice and sweet. But no-one would ever describe him as that, because he has one hundred and one characteristics that go towards making him interesting and fun and generally wonderful, I'm really glad he's nice and sweet, he wouldn't be sthe same person, or probably half as nice to go out with, if he wasn't, but I'm also glad that he's not just nice and sweet. On it's own, it just isn't enough....like everyone else has said basically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    sweet guys = beta male

bad boy = alpha male

beta males are the ones women look to for setting up shop and look after the kids with. someone who can provide for her and be depended on

alpha male is someone who women want to f*** because they have the right genetics. if alpha males get the women, then alpha males will continue their genetic line. so the women look to the alpha males in the hope of creating new alpha males (or indeed alpha females... the ones the alpha males go for) to continue *their* genetic line

ask science
    did you get this horse**** off a dating website or a lads mag

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i hate that term alpha male lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    did you get this horse**** off a dating website or a lads mag
    obviously nothing is as black and white as that, but even in the small ammount of experience i have in my life i can see that all the stereotypes are there for a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squelchy)
    I tried this once. Not carrying on two "relationships" as such, but having two girls on the go at once who both believed I had romantic intentions towards them. In essence, keeping my options open.

I learned my lesson from that one. Won't be doing it again.
    Haha, does that ever, EVER turn out well for anyone?

ReputationRep:
    And he catches the ball, runs ...
    and into the friendzone.

Apart from with my girlfriend at the mo who is amazing.

I lol'd at the first quote. And, as for the last quote, that usually stems from having your heart broken too many times before. I am a perfect example. It's almost impossible for me to open up to ANY girl, and it's not because I don't want to. Believe me, I used to be the nice guy. Then, I fell for someone, wanted to spend the rest of my life with them, and BAM. Door.

From there on out, it's almost impossible. They say not to take it out on the next girl, but it's a lot easier to just close up than it is to deal with that all over again.

Girls don't like callous guys, but what they don't realize is that they are the ones who make us this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty33)
    I lol'd at the first quote. And, as for the last quote, that usually stems from having your heart broken too many times before. I am a perfect example. It's almost impossible for me to open up to ANY girl, and it's not because I don't want to. Believe me, I used to be the nice guy. Then, I fell for someone, wanted to spend the rest of my life with them, and BAM. Door.

From there on out, it's almost impossible. They say not to take it out on the next girl, but it's a lot easier to just close up than it is to deal with that all over again.

Girls don't like callous guys, but what they don't realize is that they are the ones who make us this way.

amen to that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.