Superdry Group TeamTryout help? Watch

theformula
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I have a Group TeamTryout assessment this wednesday at superdry and I was just looking for some advice as to what I should be expecting? Like what sort of things will we be doing in a group and what sort of questions will they be asking?

Thanks
michxellex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been working at Superdry for about 2 months now and my TeamTryout involved about 8 other people, so there was 9 of us altogether. The manager, assistant manager, supervisor and 2 other sales assistants were there also. Everyone was casually dressed except one girl who was dressed pretty formal. Wearing Superdry is an obvious, which shows you love the brand too - although I had never shopped at Superdry before.
We were first asked to fill out an availability sheet, and then asked to get our favourite item in the store and explain why. I had looked around in the store beforehand, which I recommend in doing.
We then were split into groups of 3 with a member of staff assigned to us to be our 'group leader'. We had to create a TV advertisement for Superdry, and preform it to everyone else. Our teams were then mixed up and we were reassigned to another group leader and we had to create a new Superdry product. Me and my group thought of a 'Superdry Lunch Box'. We had to plan a pitch, and pitch it to everyone else like the previous task.
There was then a one-to-one interview which consisted of 4 compulsory questions 'How would you describe the atmosphere of a Superdry store?' 'Why would you want to work at Superdry?' 'When have you shown team work?' etc, and 2 questions the interviewer had chosen mine was 'What was your biggest fashion faux-par?' They would then rate you from 1-5 on the questions.
Once everyone had their one-to-one everyone left, which gave the Superdry team to discuss who was best. I then received an e-mail the next day saying I had an 'Individual Interview' which wasn't an interview at all. I was a bit late but they didn't realise. I went to the managers office and he said straightaway that I had got the job. (I had to bring my passport, and bank details, and sign a contract also) I doubt it is at 6:15am, it may have been a typo. The store isn't even open at that time, call them up and ask!

Hope this helps you with your TeamTryout!
theformula
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by michxellex)
I've been working at Superdry for about 2 months now and my TeamTryout involved about 8 other people, so there was 9 of us altogether. The manager, assistant manager, supervisor and 2 other sales assistants were there also. Everyone was casually dressed except one girl who was dressed pretty formal. Wearing Superdry is an obvious, which shows you love the brand too - although I had never shopped at Superdry before.
We were first asked to fill out an availability sheet, and then asked to get our favourite item in the store and explain why. I had looked around in the store beforehand, which I recommend in doing.
We then were split into groups of 3 with a member of staff assigned to us to be our 'group leader'. We had to create a TV advertisement for Superdry, and preform it to everyone else. Our teams were then mixed up and we were reassigned to another group leader and we had to create a new Superdry product. Me and my group thought of a 'Superdry Lunch Box'. We had to plan a pitch, and pitch it to everyone else like the previous task.
There was then a one-to-one interview which consisted of 4 compulsory questions 'How would you describe the atmosphere of a Superdry store?' 'Why would you want to work at Superdry?' 'When have you shown team work?' etc, and 2 questions the interviewer had chosen mine was 'What was your biggest fashion faux-par?' They would then rate you from 1-5 on the questions.
Once everyone had their one-to-one everyone left, which gave the Superdry team to discuss who was best. I then received an e-mail the next day saying I had an 'Individual Interview' which wasn't an interview at all. I was a bit late but they didn't realise. I went to the managers office and he said straightaway that I had got the job. (I had to bring my passport, and bank details, and sign a contract also) I doubt it is at 6:15am, it may have been a typo. The store isn't even open at that time, call them up and ask!

Hope this helps you with your TeamTryout!
Thanks very much! Yeah I rang up and they said it would be in the evening haha. Did you mention that you had to ask them a question? - don't know if I read that wrong aha. I'm now worrying about the pitching of new products and the tv advertisement... What did you do for these, and what do you think is essential in mentioning in these? Just trying to be as prepared as I can, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads