Rebeca2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I started sixth form this year and I feel like Economics is going a bit downhill. I'm getting better but would strongly love to know what can keep this consistent. I've heard 'revise' so much, what does that explicitly mean though?

Please do help and give reasonable tips. Much appreciated.
SH0405
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rebeca2)
I started sixth form this year and I feel like Economics is going a bit downhill. I'm getting better but would strongly love to know what can keep this consistent. I've heard 'revise' so much, what does that explicitly mean though?

Please do help and give reasonable tips. Much appreciated.
It's going downhill, yet you're getting better? Hmm. I think what you mean is that the hill's cross-sectional rate of change is decreasing. Yes. That's it.

There are many things that ensure consistent study. Firstly, enjoyment. It is extremely difficult to study consistently and with will power without enjoying a subject. Secondly, ability. Being good at something makes it much easier to study. But it sounds like you satisfy these criteria. Maybe.

The people that keep telling you to 'revise' are correct. But the word can be thrown around with little thought. When I think of revision, I imagine reading through a text book, doing a past paper, marking that paper, and going over the good and bad parts. This works well for me as it is a methodical method for methodical subjects (I study Maths, Further Maths and Physics), and Economics is (pretty much) methodical.

That said, it may be a terrible method for revision for others, including you. Some like to use mind maps, flash cards and the like, which I could never imagine as a form of revision. I think what I'm trying to say is that there will be a style of revision to suit each person uniquely, and it's up to him or her to find it.

In summary, then;

1. Enjoy Economics.
2. Be good at Economics.
3. Revise Economics.
4. Get a good grade in Economics.
5. Repeat for further levels of study.

Hope it all goes well.
iAmanze
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an A* in Economics OCR A-Level.PM if you need help.
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iAmanze)
I got an A* in Economics EDEXCEL A-Level.PM if you need help.
What was your ums for each unit

Posted from TSR Mobile
iAmanze
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dylann)
What was your ums for each unit

Posted from TSR Mobile
81 and 89.
Dylann
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
81 and 89.
What about A2? How did you step your game up from mid 80% to 90%+?

Posted from TSR Mobile
iAmanze
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dylann)
What about A2? How did you step your game up from mid 80% to 90%+?

Posted from TSR Mobile
85 and 92 if I remember correctly.
Dylann
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
85 and 92 if I remember correctly.
I was gonna say that's not edexcel A* but saw you changed it. No worries then. Well done on the a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed