The Student Room Group

When do you usually hear back from Cambridge (Tripos III)?

After applying for the first deadline in November, how long until they tell you whether they accept you for the Masters programme in Mathematics?
Reply 1
It varies a lot for PG courses. Every faculty has board meetings though, so generally they will respond to applications after those meetings.
Do you know when those meetings are? Just approximately, like every week? Month? Term?
Reply 3
Original post by Hannes Berger
Do you know when those meetings are? Just approximately, like every week? Month? Term?

It depends on the Faculty. If I remember correctly from my department, I'd say approximately every month or so, but it could differ for maths.
Original post by Hannes Berger

I am almost reluctant to give this link because, judging by last year's thread, there is no direct correlation between Degree Committee meetings and the dates of subsequent offers/rejections but….. since you asked….

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/gradstud/meetings/pdf/meetingdates201415.pdf

Edit to add: Viceroy isn't sure this is the correct link (see post below) so approach with caution! The information may or may not be useful
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Jantaculum
I am almost reluctant to give this link because, judging by last year's thread, there is no direct correlation between Degree Committee meetings and the dates of subsequent offers/rejections but….. since you asked….

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/gradstud/meetings/pdf/meetingdates201415.pdf

I'm not sure that was exactly what I had in mind -- I think the Faculty Board meetings are different than the ones in your link. I think they consider applications at those meetings, but, again, I could be totally wrong.
Original post by Viceroy
I'm not sure that was exactly what I had in mind -- I think the Faculty Board meetings are different than the ones in your link. I think they consider applications at those meetings, but, again, I could be totally wrong.

Or you could be totally right and I could be totally wrong - but, like lots of Cambridge-related things, it probably varies by faculty/department :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Jantaculum
Or you could be totally right and I could be totally wrong - but, like lots of Cambridge-related things, it probably varies by faculty/department :smile:

Yup. Or, also in the typical Cambridge manner, no one could actually know the answer to this question...

Quick Reply

Latest