When do you usually hear back from Cambridge (Tripos III)? Watch

Hannes Berger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
After applying for the first deadline in November, how long until they tell you whether they accept you for the Masters programme in Mathematics?
Viceroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It varies a lot for PG courses. Every faculty has board meetings though, so generally they will respond to applications after those meetings.
Hannes Berger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you know when those meetings are? Just approximately, like every week? Month? Term?
Viceroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hannes Berger)
Do you know when those meetings are? Just approximately, like every week? Month? Term?
It depends on the Faculty. If I remember correctly from my department, I'd say approximately every month or so, but it could differ for maths.
Jantaculum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hannes Berger)
I am almost reluctant to give this link because, judging by last year's thread, there is no direct correlation between Degree Committee meetings and the dates of subsequent offers/rejections but….. since you asked….

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/g...ates201415.pdf

Edit to add: Viceroy isn't sure this is the correct link (see post below) so approach with caution! The information may or may not be useful
Viceroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jantaculum)
I am almost reluctant to give this link because, judging by last year's thread, there is no direct correlation between Degree Committee meetings and the dates of subsequent offers/rejections but….. since you asked….

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/g...ates201415.pdf
I'm not sure that was exactly what I had in mind -- I think the Faculty Board meetings are different than the ones in your link. I think they consider applications at those meetings, but, again, I could be totally wrong.
Jantaculum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Viceroy)
I'm not sure that was exactly what I had in mind -- I think the Faculty Board meetings are different than the ones in your link. I think they consider applications at those meetings, but, again, I could be totally wrong.
Or you could be totally right and I could be totally wrong - but, like lots of Cambridge-related things, it probably varies by faculty/department
Viceroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jantaculum)
Or you could be totally right and I could be totally wrong - but, like lots of Cambridge-related things, it probably varies by faculty/department
Yup. Or, also in the typical Cambridge manner, no one could actually know the answer to this question...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise