Best website for a portfolio Watch

username1308327
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey all

I need to create a portfolio for articles/blog posts I have written. I having clippings.me, but I hardly used it and it has completely messed up my portfolio.

Anyway, do you know of any good websites to use for building a portfolio? I was thinking of using Tumblr because it's so easier to use but its purpose is not mainly for portfolios.

Any suggestions?
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wordpress?
username1308327
Rep:
?
(Original post by dhr90)
Wordpress?

Would I be able to add my already-published articles onto Wordpress?
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kittykatxoxo)
Would I be able to add my already-published articles onto Wordpress?
Don't see why not. I had to create a website/blog thing for a uni project a couple of years ago. Composed everything in Word and then just copied it over and did a bit of formatting where required.
username1308327
Rep:
?
(Original post by dhr90)
Don't see why not. I had to create a website/blog thing for a uni project a couple of years ago. Composed everything in Word and then just copied it over and did a bit of formatting where required.
Wouldn't Google penalise me for that? Apparently Google penalises for 'copied' work...that's why I was considering getting a portfolio instead of a blog.
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Wordpress would be good for blogging and explaining your interests and inspirations for particular works.

Personally I use Behance and think it's pretty good. Free, easy to use and show off your work and plenty of other active users. Can be a little difficult to gain attention when you start off but if you interact with other users especially those who have similar works/interests to you. Only criticism I'd have is a lack of customisable features but I haven't really looked into that so maybe they are there and I just haven't noticed them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.44%
No - but I will (67)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (409)
47.56%

Watched Threads