Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you are not happy with your current room or looking for a place to stay for the new term in Jan, I have one open for you. Nice room in a clustered flat shared with 5 other people. The property is new, completed in September 2014, first to live here. The rent is 120 pw, all bills and internet included. Room size: 13. 4 sqm. The place is fully furnished; double bed, mattress, electric heater, desk, shelves, and wardrobe. Plenty of storage space. In the shared area is the kitchen with a big fridge, microwave, electric stove and oven, dish washer, dining table for 6 and an island. The living room (within the same room as the kitchen) has a long sofa, coffee table, wide flat screen TV, and 2 heaters. Onsite laundromat, car park, bike rack. Keycard access throughout the building. Two main entrances on the 2nd and 1st floor. CCTV and smoke detector installed for safety. Has a lift access to all floors.

It is located in Shieldfield right next to the Biscuit Factory.

• 2 minutes walk to Tesco express
    • 3 minutes walk to nearest GP
    • 5 minutes to the Quayside
    • less than 10 minutes walk to Manor Station
    • 10 minutes walk to Northumbria University
    • 10 minutes walk to Northumberland Street
    • less than 15 minutes walk to Newcastle University

If you're interested, just pm me

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.

ReputationRep:
    still open

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for a place to live in Newcastle but I've never searched for a property before so when you talk about how much it costs each week, with bills included etc, is that the exact amount? I've found places as low as £15 with bills included just outside of Newcastle but surely this isn't the full amount?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kd850)
    Hi, I'm looking for a place to live in Newcastle but I've never searched for a property before so when you talk about how much it costs each week, with bills included etc, is that the exact amount? I've found places as low as £15 with bills included just outside of Newcastle but surely this isn't the full amount?

Thanks!
    £15 with bills included sounds really skeptic.

Firstly, you have to know that most student's accommodations display their prices in weeks (some months) but they all have long term contracts that gives us a choice to pay in installments or full. We don't actually go to the bank every week and make our payments. Take my contract as an example, it is an 11 months contract with the payment of 3 installments, so basically I pay every four months.

Mine is 120 pw, including all bills. Yes, that is the exact amount per week.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.