coming off the pill Watch

keturah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm thinking of coming off cilest and was wondering how long I would experience withdrawl bleeding for? Also how long does it take for periods to become regular? Thanks.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends entirely on the person, some people go straight back to normal, and have no withdrawal bleeding other than what normally comes with a break. For some it can take up to 6 months for natural periods to become regular again.
keturah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
It depends entirely on the person, some people go straight back to normal, and have no withdrawal bleeding other than what normally comes with a break. For some it can take up to 6 months for natural periods to become regular again.
Thanks, you're always so helpful. If I was to change and try a different pill, can I do it half way through a pack,or do I have to wait till after the seven day break?
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by keturah)
Thanks, you're always so helpful. If I was to change and try a different pill, can I do it half way through a pack,or do I have to wait till after the seven day break?
I think it would depend on the pill... whether you were changing from a combined or progesterone only (or vice versa) or changing to a different pill of the same type, it also probably depends why you're chainging. The best thing to do is really to ask your doctor on this one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads