French: Learning the language of love Watch

navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://www.france24.com/en/20142611-...chael-edwards/

This week's France in Focus is all about French, the fifth-most-spoken language in the world. French is thriving abroad, with the majority of speakers in Africa, and the total number could more than double over the next few decades. Also, as English words keep creeping into everyday conversations, we go to the Académie Française to talk to Sir Michael Edwards, who is the first British member of this temple of the French language.

Finally, we tell you how to learn French the easy way. If you're not the type to learn irregular verbs by heart, we have a solution for you!
The video is well worth the watch. It covers French- how it's spoken around the world, particularly in Africa (although the claim that over 50% of Africans speak French is obviously nonsensical), and about how English is increasingly making its way into the language. In France, it's almost impossible not to encounter English words in everyday conversation, adverts and in the workplace.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (6)
8.96%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (6)
8.96%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
22.39%
No and I wouldn't consider it (40)
59.7%

Watched Threads