Turn on thread page Beta

Would you describe these lads as boy racers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owavzcPMpEQ

Would you decribe these lads as boy racers?

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving the L plate in the front windscreen!

No, i wouldn't say he was a boy racer but he does need to learn how to control a car through corners and his gear changes are abysmal.

Graham

9 mins of that :eek: i got bored and skipped through it so prob missed the important bits, but i still dont know what all the swearing was about or what it had to do with the police.

the L plate wasnt a very good sign....

anyway are you in that video by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    The guy that was driving was no way a learner, i think it was a joke!

ReputationRep:
    not really that fast either, I drive much faster/controlled than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    i still dont know what all the swearing was about or what it had to do with the police.

the L plate wasnt a very good sign....
    do you mean you think he was driving before he'd passed his test.

yea

ReputationRep:
    pair of ***in neds that dont know how to drive. his revs and cornering was horrible. he reckons whatever motor he had was 0-60 in 5 or 6secs. did seem quite quick though, but looked more like 7-8 to me.

ReputationRep:
    Dear OP

Please may I have the nine minutes of my life back.

Yours, Friggerpants.

ReputationRep:
    No, just chavs who can't drive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. :confused: Was that blue lorry at the end the police coswhen that lorry passed them they started panicing.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call them boy racers. Crap drivers maybe, but not boy racers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellsEnder)
    I wouldn't call them boy racers. Crap drivers maybe, but not boy racers.
    I dont think you have seen enough of these boy's life to judge what theyre like the rest of the time. they hardly talk like royalty, thats all I can say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    I dont think you have seen enough of these boy's life to judge what theyre like the rest of the time. they hardly talk like royalty, thats all I can say.

Ha, ha. lol

Welcome to the forum Brian Sewell.

ReputationRep:
    Just another bunch of chavs in a very lethargic sounding car.

ReputationRep:
    That was the most pathetic thing I have ever witnessed. Were they making up a little adventure? "Oh no! We're going slightly over the speed limit, and revving the engine really loud! THE POLICE ARE AFTER US!!!!!!!!!!"
    I loved the part where he stopped in the middle of the road, just to do a wheelspin. "Do a complete burnout!!!11", how pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    You know what? This video is VERY similar to the video the OP posted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmM6...elated&search=

It's a bunch of 8 year old kids with bangers, setting them on the ground....
    They then quickly run as they assume the police is after them. How hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    pair of ***in neds that dont know how to drive. his revs and cornering was horrible. he reckons whatever motor he had was 0-60 in 5 or 6secs. did seem quite quick though, but looked more like 7-8 to me.

There is no way that that car was getting to 60 even in 8 secconds, it sounded liek a completly standard 1- 1.3 litre, it was obviously struggling.

I wouldnt say they are boy racers, but i would say they are stupid for driving if he hasnt passed his test, which is what it looks like. No insurance = very very bad!

The driving itself wasnt that bad considering he prob didnt have much experience, he was driving fast, but still slowing and not tailing people in front. no stupid over taking either.
    His cornering was generally safe, whenever he cut a corner there was a cler view of the road ahead- i often do that as well, its actualyl safer, and a more direct route.
    His gear changes were a little rough, but he mostly had them at the right time.

ReputationRep:
    Cutting corners with full view is an advanced driving technique, done under circumstances as per road craft, it is fine.

However, they got wheel spin on a reasonably dry bit of road in second downhill from the 90 seconds or so that I watched it, aslong as I heard right. Therefore it's not a 1.0 Corsa However, the camera makes it seem like they are going much quicker than they are...

ReputationRep:
    It's a Mk6 Fiesta, revised model, so is pretty much brand new. I believe it's an ST, so has a 2 litre engine, and would get to 60 in 8 seconds if he could drive well. They do rev very highly, as all sporting Fiesta's do. They have much shorter ratios on the gear box to help acceleration.

Oh, and spinning the front wheels in a Fiesta is like shooting fish in a barrel. You can do it in a 1250.

The way he behaves makes him a 'boy racer', and not the car he drives though. He is a boy racer.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.