Im thinking of dropping out of uni, will i have to repay my lonans, grants etc? Watch

ChelseaDixon22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

Ive just finished and passed a foundation degree, i recently started a year top up year long course starting september 2014. Ive received 1 grant and loan payment from sfe, and theyv'e made 1 tuituion fee payment to the uni.

I am finding it really difficult to study and work at the minute. If i drop out, will i need to pay back the grants/loans etc paid to me and the tuition fee for the year?

also, would sfe pay for me to go back in a few years to do the top up year when i had more time?

Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks

Chelsea
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello Chelsea,

If you leave your course before the end of the academic year then you will have to pay back some of the loan & grant paid to you.

The tuition fee loan you will pay back through your salary when you are earning over the threshold.

In order for us to advise if you would get any more funding we would need to access your account so please call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads