I want to drop out of university and re apply next year. What do I do? Watch

Summ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently in my first year of university studying psychology, i started in september 2014.
I have now realise that this isnt what to do and I want to apply to do Graphic Design at a different university in september 2015.

Would the best option be to drop out now and re apply through ucas now or should I finish my first year and apply through ucas as well as still being here (if thats allowed)?

Also how would student finance work? What loans would I receive from them if I were to re apply and start a new course next year/would I get any money at all?

Basically what would be the best option for me to do in terms of ucas/student finance? Leave now or finish the year?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello Summ,

We can only advise you of the best way moving forward with your Student Finance.

If you leave before the end of the academic year then you will have to pay some of the funding back to us as you would only be entitled to the funding up until your last date of attendance.

If this is your first year on your first course then you will be able to use this year as your gift year meaning that you will receive funding for your next course when you apply.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads