Vegetarians/pescatarians/vegans: what do you eat on Christmas day? Watch

afterallthistime
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a pescatarian and am curious to find out what other non-turkey eaters have on Christmas day!
llamaspoon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm vegetarian, and I normally have some sort of Quorn product on my Christmas dinner.
M150
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Christmas stir fry. No one ever wants the wok on Christmas Day.
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was a pescatarian, my parents cooked some salmon encroute. Was amazing.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vegetarian. I have the same xmas dinner that I always had as a meat eater except I substitute meat for quorn/similar products. I buy a 'roast chicken' quorn thing and veggie sausages. Then I have the usual roast potatoes, vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, bread sauce etc. Veggy gravy too.
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Long time vegetarian here.
The last few years I've been having just the veg with veggie gravy and vegetarian (sage and onion) stuffing. Sometimes my nan used to get me some Quorn Sausages, and the Quorn Lamb and Mint Style Grills have been a staple of my roast dinners in general for years!
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 4 years ago
I'm vegan. This year I'm having a sweet potato casserole with a crumbly topping made of nuts and oats. I'll roast every vegetable within reason, make a lakeful of onion gravy and then get pissed for pudding while picking at the choicest, crispiest morsels of roast potato for the rest of the evening.
BobbieShamrock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm vegetarian with a nut allergy so no nut roast for me (I think this is the standard turkey-substitute for vegetarians) Last year I had stuffed peppers.

EDIT: Also back when I ate fish I had salmon with watercress source. I'm half Norwegian so a lot of my family eat this on Christmas day anyway.
citydeer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nut roast, or last year my aunt made me a super nice stuffed butternut squash! Then the same veggies as everybody else! (one year i just skipped substituting the meat and had a massive plate of veggies!)
miser
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Quorn things usually. It's not that great really.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I first became vegetarian I had a Quorn roast (or a bit of one anyway) but to be honest it's nothing like turkey so I decided there was no point - it's just another thing to try and time in the oven! So now I just have all the veg, potatoes and stuffing plus some gravy. It's great.

Although having said that, I gave up being vegetarian a few weeks ago so I guess it's turkey this year (long story, but I didn't do it for ethical reasons so it's not just that I have weak morals lol).
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im not a vegetarian but I only really eat poultry. Years that my family have had lamb or beef I've had quorn, salmon or nut roast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
xlizx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm vegan and will be having a mushroom wellington and a nut roast with roast potatoes, maple roasted carrots and parsnips, chestnut fried brussel sprouts and spiced red cabbage. I will also be attempting to make vegan Yorkshire puds
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I normally eat some meat substitute. I love my vegetarian pigs in blankets, and normally they're paired with something else. And then I pile on all the veg and potatoes and stuff

It's pretty good, because afterwards I don't feel overly stuffed like I when I used to eat meat, so there's all the more space for pudding!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LUXURIA
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pierogi with sour cabbage and mushrooms, vegetarian red borscht, poppy seed cake. I think it's mostly healthy food, so I don't feel overly guilty.
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xlizx)
I'm vegan and will be having a mushroom wellington and a nut roast with roast potatoes, maple roasted carrots and parsnips, chestnut fried brussel sprouts and spiced red cabbage. I will also be attempting to make vegan Yorkshire puds
Actually, I think I'm having mushroom wellington this year come to think about it.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Had a mate who ate Nut Roast on Christmas Day.

Felt sorry for him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads