Psychology at Queens Watch

SeanXx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, as of today I received an offer for Bsc Psychology from QUB. I haven't heard much about the course, and I'd really like to go there. Can anyone tell me how they are enjoying the course??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stephanie_12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not studying it myself, but I have a sister and a few friends that do (I'm History) but they all loved/love it. It is very science and math based from what I've heard (being a Bachelor of Science) and there is an entire module on statistics in the first year, but it seems like a worthwhile and enjoyable course. Congrats on the offer!
SeanXx
Rep:
?
Thanks for replying I'm just wondering, I'm not the best at maths, would this be a problem in Bsc Psychology???

Posted from TSR Mobile
LividLion
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SeanXx)
Thanks for replying I'm just wondering, I'm not the best at maths, would this be a problem in Bsc Psychology???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the open days for Queen's and had a talk with the lecturer regarding the Maths elements because they looked intimidating enough.

There's lab work every week in that you gather and analyse results and things along those lines so if you're doing the A-Level course (AQA at least in my knowledge) it's like the mathematical elements in the research methods units, to a notably higher degree of difficulty and intensity, as this is a fundamental part of the course at Queen's.

All in all, I assume those who struggle with maths will get the assistance they require, and really, it can't be too hard due to the fact they only ask for a C in GCSE mathematics. If it was intense and difficult, it would be a B/A. Manageable enough I'd say.

Congrats on your offer and I hope you meet/maintain the ABB they ask for!
SeanXx
Rep:
?
Thanks I have a B in GCSE maths and I have ABB at AS so it is a matter of pushing my B in psychology up to an A. My A was in English literature. But yeah thanks for your help! Maths has always been a thing I have struggled with! It was worrying that it was a big part of a course that I really want to do. Thanks for ur reply it it's comforting to know it will manageable, and I can get the help that I need!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (292)
37.63%
No - but I will (55)
7.09%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.07%

Watched Threads