_aimee_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I recently did a Maths chapter test, I'm with Edexcel and In year 10, and we do them every 4-6 weeks. I did my first one a few weeks ago and didn't get what I'd class as a good score, but I'm still curious about what grade it is. The paper was from grades D-A* and I got 24/67 (ouch :rolleyes: ) what grade would this be? Thank you!
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by _aimee_)
I recently did a Maths chapter test, I'm with Edexcel and In year 10, and we do them every 4-6 weeks. I did my first one a few weeks ago and didn't get what I'd class as a good score, but I'm still curious about what grade it is. The paper was from grades D-A* and I got 24/67 (ouch :rolleyes: ) what grade would this be? Thank you!
why don't you ask your teacher?
_aimee_
Rep:
?
She said she couldn't give us grades at this point (confusing I know)
Mr.Econometrics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd have that down as a D.
_aimee_
Rep:
?
Ah thank you, was a pretty difficult test and im only 3 months into the course, better get my grade up to a B soon though
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably a D or E
Rstlss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
Probably a D or E
Yea E nice one m9

I'd pprobablysay 60/67 a*
45/67 a
37/67 b
25/67 c
20/67 d
Anything less oobviouslyU.
That's a good roundabout estimate but it depends on the difficulty of the test, Compare your results with the rest of your class if as a class you generally did badly and you're in set 1 then it probably was a hard test and those scores will probably be a 10 marks less per grade.
_aimee_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rstlss)
Yea E nice one m9

I'd pprobablysay 60/67 a*
45/67 a
37/67 b
25/67 c
20/67 d
Anything less oobviouslyU.
That's a good roundabout estimate but it depends on the difficulty of the test, Compare your results with the rest of your class if as a class you generally did badly and you're in set 1 then it probably was a hard test and those scores will probably be a 10 marks less per grade.
Ah, thanks yeah I came 10th best in a class of 28 so I did slightly better than the average, and it was quite a difficult test
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She said she couldn't give us grades at this point (confusing I know)
In spite of what all these other poster have said - we cannot even remotely know what grade your score would give.

We do not know the grade distribution of the test - if your teacher cannot commit to a grade then anything we say will be a complete guess.

The grade is in fact irrelevant at this point - you have studied a small part of the syllabus and you need to check exactly what you got wrong - think about why you got it wrong - and do some extra work on those elements now whilst things are still relatively fresh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (367)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed