The Student Room Group

Is she sending mixed signals?

Ok, I'll try and keep this brief: there's this girl I like in my tutorial at uni; at first I thought we were getting along great, we seemed to be having a good time and all that. Fast forward a couple weeks and I'm with her in the library; we're sitting close, we're talking about ourselves, not necessarily stuff I'd imagine she'd share with just anyone, and she seemed to be flirting with me.

Naturally, I thought it'd be a good idea to try to message her on facebook to keep the conversations going (haven't asked for her number at this point). But, she didn't really seem interested in speaking to me online; her replies would take hours, and they didn't really leave it open for further conversation.

I'll admit I have practically no clue what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of thing, but is she disinterested? I've been thinking maybe I should back off and see how she reacts. Sorry for the long post but it's something that's been on my mind for an unreasonable amount of time lol
Reply 1
No, talking and being friendly with a guy is not a mixed signal..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
She hasnt been sending any signals at all to be honest, sounds like you guys were just talking.

Anyway next time you see her start talking to her, ask her what her schedule is like for the next week and tell her you want to go for a drink with her. Make the signa you are sending very clear..
Reply 3
I should add that this week is our last week at uni this term, so chances are I'm not gonna see her until January next year, so asking her out now seems a bit pointless to me atm. Maybe then I should see how she acts towards me and go from there?
Original post by Anonymous
I should add that this week is our last week at uni this term, so chances are I'm not gonna see her until January next year, so asking her out now seems a bit pointless to me atm. Maybe then I should see how she acts towards me and go from there?

You're reading a lot into this. She was just chatting to you at the library. There are no mixed signals. She wouldn't act any different to you than she has already.

I remember one guy did this to me - I was talking, chatting etc. He texts me afterwards, we have a minor conversation, then he "tests" me and doesn't speak to me for over a week. He comes back and says "why didn't I hear from you" ... are you serious?! Firstly, if you want to talk to me, talk to me. Secondly, I didn't really notice that we weren't speaking.
Reply 5
Well I wasn't planning on just going over and saying 'why haven't you talked to me', don't want to freak her out lol. I guess I just don't really understand why she seemed so friendly in real life, but seemed totally different online; it sort of got me thinking I might have come on too strong or something, idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending