French speaking on tourism ! Watch

Aty100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys so I'm currently in yr 11 and I'm doing my French speaking in 2 weeks on tourism (edexcel)
I'm really struggling in French, im an A and A* student in almost every subject with the occasional B but im a C in French !!!. I'm praying to get a B because i really don't want a C on my record.

I've had the same teacher since yr 7 and haven't learnt much. And now its time for the controlled assessment and the mocks and im really worried.
Can anyone please and i mean please help me with my French tourism CA. I have to talk about a past holidays and im doing it about Dubai.

If anyone can give me a well developed paragraph or even a few phrases i can include such as how the accommodation was, what i ate, activities etc. (I have already talked about how i go there and about my journey). I would be soo grateful and will give a rep to the best one too.

Please I'm in desperate need of some help and Google translate isn't much help. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you soo much in advance xxx
flibber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
L'été dernier, je suis allé(e) [si vous êtes masculin, vous n'utilisez pas le 'e'] à Dubaï aux É.A.U. J'y ai resté pour une semaine dans un hôtel cinq étoiles qui s'appelle [nom d'hôtel]. Bien que l'hôtel soit (ou fût) assez cher, je l'ai aimé car il y avait beaucoup de choses à faire; par exemple, je pouvais jouer des jeux d'ordinateur lorsque je me suis ennuyé, parce que le wi-fi était gratuit. De plus, ma chambre était très grande, et elle avait une télévision avec plusieurs chaînes de télévision anglaises et américaines.

Le deuxième jour, j'ai visité la Burj Khalifa, qui est le plus haut gratte-ciel dans le monde. D'abord, j'avais hâte d'y aller, mais aussitôt que je l'ai vu, j'avais peur parce qu'il était vraiment haut. Néanmoins, ...

I probably made some errors, but your teacher will most likely correct them.

There are quite a few native speakers of French who can help you out. If one of them posts here, you've struck gold .
Aty100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
this is so much better that something i can produce. Btw can i ask whether i can send u my CA in a private message and will you be able to check it and add some extra things? I would sooo appreciate it because our Teacher is not allowed to help us and he already doesn't like me for some reason so definitely wont help
Thank you soo much for the stuff above
flibber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do send me a private message, if you so wish to, and I'll try to help. By the way, I'm doing my GCSEs as well, so what I produce probably won't be perfect. If a native speaker posts here, feel free to let them help you instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads