The importance of the A.267 TFEU preliminary ruling procedure

Watch
llb.lsc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Need a head start, can someone please guide me how I should start this essay question.

Thank you in advanced for your help.

‘The importance of the A.267 TFEU preliminary ruling procedure can be particularly seen in the context of the development of the principle of the supremacy of EU law over inconsistent national law. This key provision, which has allowed EU law to grow and flourish, allowed first the ECJ to steadily develop the principle of supremacy and then allowed the UK judiciary to recognise its application to UK law.’

Critically assess the accuracy of this statement by reference to both EU and UK legal authorities.
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by llb.lsc)
Need a head start, can someone please guide me how I should start this essay question.

Thank you in advanced for your help.

‘The importance of the A.267 TFEU preliminary ruling procedure can be particularly seen in the context of the development of the principle of the supremacy of EU law over inconsistent national law. This key provision, which has allowed EU law to grow and flourish, allowed first the ECJ to steadily develop the principle of supremacy and then allowed the UK judiciary to recognise its application to UK law.’

Critically assess the accuracy of this statement by reference to both EU and UK legal authorities.
Where the treaty provision derived from, how it was applied in the earlier days and how it continued to be applied (EU cases) then maybe discuss the English response

I wish I got essay questions like this... *Sigh*
llb.lsc
Rep:
?
I m no good at doing essay, I find problems question easier to do.
Thanks

(Original post by und3niable_)
Where the treaty provision derived from, how it was applied in the earlier days and how it continued to be applied (EU cases) then maybe discuss the English response

I wish I got essay questions like this... *Sigh*
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by llb.lsc)
I m no good at doing essay, I find problems question easier to do.
Thanks
Ours is ALWAYS a problem question. Hoping it will be different for the advanced exam module. Anyway, good luck!
llb.lsc
Rep:
?
Perhaps you coukd do a few para for me as a practice
Thanks

(Original post by und3niable_)
Ours is ALWAYS a problem question. Hoping it will be different for the advanced exam module. Anyway, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads