Turn on thread page Beta

Let me begin with hating being a pakistani! I am an atheist and can't tell anyone except only my trusted friend. I live in pakistani area which is complete ****. I go to college with mostly pakistanis. But honestly wish I was born into an english family. I hate the culture. I hate the religion.

I am relatively white, you could tell that I was from asia but you wouldn't assume I was from pakistan.
    I want to have a white girlfriend or (black, if I love her) but I feel all the white people in general hate us. White girls look much much more beautiful than pakistani girls on a whole(I have meet 10,000+ asians so I KNOW from quite a big sample).

Honestly, there are about 4 white girls in my college and they are all much better looking, but the way they live life in general is far more important to me and I love the fact that they act like a companion and someone you want to go through life with than the typical pakistani who just married when young, have sex, lots of children and stay at home. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS AROUND ME, I KNOW pakistanis will comment on this thread negatively but if you are going to do that, remember this is my opinion. I want real help, not hate.

How is an ex-muslim even meant to find a girl friend when most think he is just a stupid pakistani?(I am pretty clever too).
    I wouldn't mind going out with anyone in general but not religious people.
    I meant white in the OP as like a white family( go out together, have fun, sing, xmas), doesn't have to be literally white.

Any advice on anything at all will help.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Let me begin with hating being a pakistani! I am an atheist and can't tell anyone except only my trusted friend. I live in pakistani area which is complete ****. I go to college with mostly pakistanis. But honestly wish I was born into an english family. I hate the culture. I hate the religion.

I am relatively white, you could tell that I was from asia but you wouldn't assume I was from pakistan.
    I want to have a white girlfriend or (black, if I love her) but I feel all the white people in general hate us. White girls look much much more beautiful than pakistani girls on a whole(I have meet 10,000+ asians so I KNOW from quite a big sample).

Honestly, there are about 4 white girls in my college and they are all much better looking, but the way they live life in general is far more important to me and I love the fact that they act like a companion and someone you want to go through life with than the typical pakistani who just married when young, have sex, lots of children and stay at home. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS AROUND ME, I KNOW pakistanis will comment on this thread negatively but if you are going to do that, remember this is my opinion. I want real help, not hate.

How is an ex-muslim even meant to find a girl friend when most think he is just a stupid pakistani?(I am pretty clever too).
    I wouldn't mind going out with anyone in general but not religious people.
    I meant white in the OP as like a white family( go out together, have fun, sing, xmas), doesn't have to be literally white.

Any advice on anything at all will help.
    The fact that you're pakistani will never change appreciate where you come from and stop degrading your own people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    The fact that you're pakistani will never change appreciate where you come from and stop degrading your own people.
    Although he's a bit OTT I don't see why he needs to appreciate it?

Why don't other people appreciate it?
    I get called stupid things, like job stealer and curry muncher(I hate curry) for no reason.

I just wish I was a normal white person

ReputationRep:
    I was a self hating Pakistani too, but now I just accept, best you can do is challenge the stereotypes, and you have bro, your an athiest after all.

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Although he's a bit OTT I don't see why he needs to appreciate it?
    Because the mentality is unhealthy and detrimental to himself.

You're attitude is messes up. I'm an ex-Muslim too but I don't hate my upbringing or my heritage. I embrace it. As for this thing you have about Asian and white girls. There are attractive people from all races. You just happen to be more attracted to white people, probably because of how much you despise your Asian heritage. You have a very unhealthy mind set.

ReputationRep:
    Because the mentality is unhealthy and detrimental to himself.
    If he doesn't like the culture & religion then he doesn't like it. I mean he can't really force himself to like it, he just might not be comfortable.

If he doesn't like the culture & religion then he doesn't like it. I mean he can't really force himself to like it, he just might not be comfortable.
    Culture and religion aside there are plenty of other things a Pakistani can appreciate about their heritage. Still that doesn't justify the self hatred towards his own.

Why don't other people appreciate it?
    I get called stupid things, like job stealer and curry muncher(I hate curry) for no reason.

I just wish I was a normal white person
    You think being white makes you immune to stereotypes and racism?

ReputationRep:
    Culture and religion aside there are plenty of other things a Pakistani can appreciate about their heritage. Still that doesn't justify the self hatred towards his own.
    What kind of stuff can a Pakistani appreciate.... I want to know my self, I'm kind of struggling to see anything.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't agree with the level of self hatred for sure, but he doesn't have any obligation to appreciate his background if it doesn't appeal to him, he could try but that's about it.

(Original post by D.n.A)
    What kind of stuff can a Pakistani appreciate.... I want to know my self, I'm kind of struggling to see anything.
    The food must be delicious

ReputationRep:
    Haha. OMG. You amuse me buddy.
    Your brown deal with it.
    Wannabe white boy! xD

ReputationRep:
    The food must be delicious
    It's okay, but seriously, what more to appreciate?

ReputationRep:
    my friend she just like you we go to a girls school tho :/ i dunno why she wishes she was white

Well I don't agree with the level of self hatred for sure, but he doesn't have any obligation to appreciate his background if it doesn't appeal to him, he could try but that's about it.
    Fair enough he doesn't have to appreciate it but the least he can do is try I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiamarni)
    my friend she just like you we go to a girls school tho :/ i dunno why she wishes she was white
    Infeiroty Complex, and I'm not surprised, I guess it's the bad reputation we have as people.

You're attitude is messes up. I'm an ex-Muslim too but I don't hate my upbringing or my heritage. I embrace it. As for this thing you have about Asian and white girls. There are attractive people from all races. You just happen to be more attracted to white people, probably because of how much you despise your Asian heritage. You have a very unhealthy mind set.
    (Original post by D.n.A)
    I don't know what? Pakistani only just do stupid **** all the time.
    All the time my mom and aunties come and backbite while I revise. Chat complete **** behind other people's backs.
    They believe in the weirdest **** ever, I spoke to someone who is meant to be my friend from college(pakistani). They told me how did x and x and I was really happy for them and said great job. They said say Mash'allah or black magic. I was like **** off, if you were my friend you'd know I wanted good for you, don't need mas'allah to prove it you.
    Also they are VERY VERY RACIST to black people. Believe me, one prick in college thinks just cause he is slightly lighter(nowhere near as light as me) he is superior to darker asians and black people. prick.

I haven't even spoke to a girl before cause it was haram...
    I can't even speak to girl, find it very hard, it has really ruined my life.

(Original post by Adeel Ali)
    Haha. OMG. You amuse me buddy.
    Your brown deal with it.
    Wannabe white boy! xD
    Actually I am whiter than most pakistanis. My mother is pathan and did is pakistani, that's why I have light skin.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.