Previous/current PGCE student's... I'm in need of your help! Watch

Kellyxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So basically, I've applied for my 3 universities via GTTR, but now I'm stressing. I've got interviews for all 3, 1 next week and 2 the following but I'm so nervous, to the point where I'm looking at other career plans as I highly doubt I'll be good enough. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was year 10 and the only thing that's really worrying me and lowering my confidence is my Mathematics QTS tests. I've never been great at Maths, but I knew I needed a GCSE in Maths in order to become a teacher, however I've been practicing and practicing the QTS test and it seems awful. Did anybody have the same worries and concerns? It's bringing me down so badly, because I know how much I want to become a teacher and I'm literally crying myself to sleep because of how worried I am for the test! I'm also aware that there are Maths tests in the interviews, please somebody reassure me they're not as bad as the QTS practice ones!
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moved to Education
jameslad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kellyxo)
So basically, I've applied for my 3 universities via GTTR, but now I'm stressing. I've got interviews for all 3, 1 next week and 2 the following but I'm so nervous, to the point where I'm looking at other career plans as I highly doubt I'll be good enough. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was year 10 and the only thing that's really worrying me and lowering my confidence is my Mathematics QTS tests. I've never been great at Maths, but I knew I needed a GCSE in Maths in order to become a teacher, however I've been practicing and practicing the QTS test and it seems awful. Did anybody have the same worries and concerns? It's bringing me down so badly, because I know how much I want to become a teacher and I'm literally crying myself to sleep because of how worried I am for the test! I'm also aware that there are Maths tests in the interviews, please somebody reassure me they're not as bad as the QTS practice ones!
Ask yourself, are you going to throw away your dreams because you're scared of your Maths skills test?

The tests are at C level. Have you passed your GCSE?

Just keep doing past papers and there's 1000s of maths videos out there to help you!

Do not give up!
swarfliam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try numeracyready!
Veggiechic6
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The test really isn't that bad. If you've done plenty of practice questions and studied up on basic maths, you should be fine. The more you wind yourself up about this test and blow it up in your mind, the more likely you are to fail purely out of stress and nerves. Remember the strictly timed questions are for less than half the test, more marks are available on the second section where you have more time. You only need to get 63% to pass, you don't need to get them all right.

I did a maths test as part of my interview day. It was KS2 level. If you've been studying for the QTS numeracy, it should be straight forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed