Napier mini portfolios Watch

emmapatrick411
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, I'm hoping to study film/ film and English at Edinburgh Napier university in 2015 and I'm just about to send off my ucas application but I don't know if I will get in considering so far I only have two highers a B in English and a C in media :-( anyways if I do get a conditional offer what is the mini portfolio we have to send in, I'm so clueless I really have no idea!

Please someone help....
Wackywace
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmapatrick411)
Hey, I'm hoping to study film/ film and English at Edinburgh Napier university in 2015 and I'm just about to send off my ucas application but I don't know if I will get in considering so far I only have two highers a B in English and a C in media :-( anyways if I do get a conditional offer what is the mini portfolio we have to send in, I'm so clueless I really have no idea!

Please someone help....
Hi! I haven't applied to Napier so I don't know specifically what they look for, but did apply to Edinburgh and sent off my mini portfolio there last week. You also will actually be asked to submit a portfolio before they give you an offer, not afterwards. Edinburgh asked for a few hundred words on different questions which wasn't too hard, and two five minute film clips.

TSR won't let me post the links but my two clips are on Youtube as /watch?v=w8nHnuUcDak and /watch?v=Yu3mXhyA-GQ

The portfolio for Edinburgh is meant to demonstrate the ideas you've had in the films you've made rather than actual production value. Most importantly they want to see your enthusiasm for film and the fact you've already made an effort to make shorts.

Good luck!
fayegutteridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wackywace)
Hi! I haven't applied to Napier so I don't know specifically what they look for, but did apply to Edinburgh and sent off my mini portfolio there last week. You also will actually be asked to submit a portfolio before they give you an offer, not afterwards. Edinburgh asked for a few hundred words on different questions which wasn't too hard, and two five minute film clips.

TSR won't let me post the links but my two clips are on Youtube as /watch?v=w8nHnuUcDak and /watch?v=Yu3mXhyA-GQ

The portfolio for Edinburgh is meant to demonstrate the ideas you've had in the films you've made rather than actual production value. Most importantly they want to see your enthusiasm for film and the fact you've already made an effort to make shorts.

Good luck!
Hey, have you heard back from Edinburgh yet after the mini portfolio? If so... how long did they take to get back to you/give you an offer?
Wackywace
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fayegutteridge)
Hey, have you heard back from Edinburgh yet after the mini portfolio? If so... how long did they take to get back to you/give you an offer?
Nothing yet, but they've said it could take until February! Where else are you applying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise