Turn on thread page Beta

Writers Society! watch

Announcements

Sounds good, good luck to you both.

I also have a good idea, but I'm thinking I should focus on my finals at uni before I start getting bogged down in the writing of it :awesome:

You're all men!

All the best JR! You'll nail your finals and then you can get going. :awesome: Any clues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    You're all men!

All the best JR! You'll nail your finals and then you can get going. :awesome: Any clues?
    *Walks in thus increasing the female population currently in here.*:p:

Lausie poo's- have missed you.:hugs:

(Original post by Elements)
    *Walks in thus increasing the female population currently in here.*:p:

Lausie poo's- have missed you.:hugs:
    Elepoo :jumphug: Have missed you too.

Yay for the ^ in females. :yy:

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    *wave* I love to write too, have many random and probably demented ideas which i hope to somehow transform into stories. I've always loved reading endlessly and being lost in my imagination :P I hope to chat to some fellow writers ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone write poetry too?

ReputationRep:
    Only occasionally...and it's utter rubbish. Far too rubbish to share here :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hate writing poetry. It's either ****, or takes me days to do and I still hate how it looks and sounds.

ReputationRep:
    I write poetry, but it's ****. I've tried my hand at prose, but that's not much better! Sometimes I just want to pack in writing altogether - my ineptness irritates me!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone in here do scriptfrenzy? If so, how did it turn out? I didn't do it myself, but one of my friends did, and I love the idea!

Scriptfrenzy is a contest in which you have to write a 100 page script in April. It is a sister program to NaNoWriMo, where you write a 50,000 word novel in November.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh A Writing soc, is it cool if I join?

(Original post by Petalgunk)
    Does anyone write poetry too?
    I do. I write poems and stories. Mostly poems. I perfer stories and would love to get a novel pulsihed but poetry's all I really have time for ATM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_mae57)
    Did anyone in here do scriptfrenzy? If so, how did it turn out? I didn't do it myself, but one of my friends did, and I love the idea!

Scriptfrenzy is a contest in which you have to write a 100 page script in April. It is a sister program to NaNoWriMo, where you write a 50,000 word novel in November.

I used to do NANO. Never go anything finsihed. I'd love to start it agaon. Might have more time this year with going to uni and not having exams in Jan like I do with A level.

ReputationRep:
    I've started writing a dystopian novel on a prospective United States of Europe. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil~misfit~)
    I used to do NANO. Never go anything finsihed. I'd love to start it agaon. Might have more time this year with going to uni and not having exams in Jan like I do with A level.
    Wow, I am glad to have found another NaNo-er on here! Actually, I only started last year, and I only got to 27,000 words, but I am definatly going to try again this year, even though I am still in school.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ust need to come up wth an idea. I'm completely stumped at the moment. I have really bad block. Probably a god thing though, given that its exams in four/five weeks, eek!

ReputationRep:
    PetalgunkDoes anyone write poetry too?
    Hey, I am a drabbler mostly, a poet when I am grumpy and a novelist when I have time. So, basically I live with my head in the clouds, or my nose in a book :P.

Most of my poems are written through fury and uncontrollable frustration, for parents and apparently oblivious others... Anyway, question (for anyone) what do you find your best mood for writing is? And, is there anything / anyone who can put you in that mood?

~Nai

ReputationRep:
    Can I join??

I'm already a member on another Writers forum but I would find it easier if there was a place on TSR if I could go to to meet other writers!

ReputationRep:
    Can I join too? I write a lot. Mostly poets/proses.

ReputationRep:
    You two, go to this page, scroll down to the entry for this soc, and click 'Join.'

Ahh. We have had a large number of join requests and have just hit, exactly, the 100 mark for number of members. This is most excellent. I offer a hearty welcome to the new members :cute:

Furthermore, as I'm not going to be on TSR that much (if at all) over summer, I think it's about time I add another leader to this group to deal with Join requests and the like. If anyone is interested, drop me a pm.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.