Turn on thread page Beta

Writers Society! watch

Announcements

TY. I love writing I must've started writing loads of stories before but I've only ever finished one
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What sort of things do you write?

Well the only thing I've had published is Stuck in the Middle which is on Lulu. - Other than that I write different things, I've tried Politics and Sports amongst other things.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the NaNoWriMo challenge (50000 words in 1 month)?

explain?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, I haven't got the time.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Matthew_Lowson
    TY. I love writing I must've started writing loads of stories before but I've only ever finished one
    This is exactly the same with me. I have loads of ideas, I can just never seem to be able to write a full story.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know there was such a society. I have a lot of ideas floating around my head sometimes but never seem to have the time (plus the fact that I can't help myself to procrastinate everytime lol), I may come back after I finish my A-levels.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I didn't know there was such a society. I have a lot of ideas floating around my head sometimes but never seem to have the time (plus the fact that I can't help myself to procrastinate everytime lol), I may come back after I finish my A-levels.
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    :hello:
    Hi Have you written novels? I just want to know to see other people's experiences

Hi Have you written novels? I just want to know to see other people's experiences
    Welcome!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Welcome!!!!
    Thanks although I haven't written anything yet. Can I ask you the same question you quoted me on?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I wish!

I write short stories and am attempting to develop some sort of poetry-writing skills :yes:

I wrote one a few years ago, 70,000 words.

It was pretty crap.

Thanks although I haven't written anything yet. Can I ask you the same question you quoted me on?
    I try to, I think I'm like you, I get started on something and after a while, and writing a fair few pages I get board, I got nearly 100 pages through something before getting bored, and then the laptop broke. - I've had a go at around a dozen projects before and have got one published. - working on a political novel at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I really really want to get back into writing stories.

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    I really really want to get back into writing stories.
    Well set aside some time, 20 mins each day, keeps the work on it. Soon it builds up. I'm doing around 30-35 minutes a night, and at weekends try and get a couple of hours.

Is there anything wrong with posting material that's been written for the purpose of school assignments or the like?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I joined but, well, I'm in!

Now that I'm writing in an academic nature I can finally get a lot more and improved writing done

Been told by some fellow writers in my class that my writing is really good and one girl has said it's some of the best she's seen in the classes as it has well described imagery etc.

Annnnnyway, as there's too much academia to post in one message I'll give you my linkage here.

Along with this, I'm also working on a short story with an aim of around 2000 - 3000 words.

All critique is welcome

EDIT: Thought I'd best say that some of this writing does have naughty language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperInSugar)
    Anyone doing the NaNoWriMo challenge (50000 words in 1 month)?
    I know one of the people/the person who won that :p:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.