Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Ha ha well when you've finished those do read it! It is very surreal, more surreal is when writing an essay and every source you are using quotes the professor who you know will mark your essay!

You planning on studying Lit at uni?

Thanks, nah it'll be 70k max, probably nearer 65k
    I shall, don't you worry. I can imagine - extra credit the more times you quote them, then? :ninja:

I am studying Language and Literature at uni, really looking forward to it...

Meh, that's fine - the novel I'm working on (not the one I sent to you) is over 60K and I'm only just past halfway through...:erm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I shall, don't you worry. I can imagine - extra credit the more times you quote them, then? :ninja:

I am studying Language and Literature at uni, really looking forward to it...

Meh, that's fine - the novel I'm working on (not the one I sent to you) is over 60K and I'm only just past halfway through...:erm:
    Awesome, so exciting going to uni :yep:

Wow impressive :yep: I'm gonna have a read of the bit you sent me this evening!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, so exciting going to uni :yep:

Wow impressive :yep: I'm gonna have a read of the bit you sent me this evening!
    I know, I literally can't wait; I feel like I've outgrown home somewhat.

Hmm. Quality over quantity, of course...thank you.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I know, I literally can't wait; I feel like I've outgrown home somewhat.

Hmm. Quality over quantity, of course...thank you.
    Good way to feel pre uni :yep: you'll have an amazing time!

Indeed, but if you can do quality for a large quantity of work it's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Good way to feel pre uni :yep: you'll have an amazing time!

Indeed, but if you can do quality for a large quantity of work it's awesome!
    Well, I have been waiting an extra year. :P I very much hope so...

This is true. If only it were as straightforward as this...:rolleyes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, I have been waiting an extra year. :P I very much hope so...

This is true. If only it were as straightforward as this...:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't have coped with a gap year...when I've set my mind to things I get rather impatient...waiting for year abroad is killing me!

I'm sure you're writing will be very good!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have coped with a gap year...when I've set my mind to things I get rather impatient...waiting for year abroad is killing me!

I'm sure you're writing will be very good!
    Well, it's probably best that you didn't take one, then. I'm so bored at the moment of home, and everyone is away...:sigh: Where's your year abroad?

I very much hope so. I really want to make a push to get published with one of the two novels I'm working on currently, or my current compilation of poetry...:erm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, it's probably best that you didn't take one, then. I'm so bored at the moment of home, and everyone is away...:sigh: Where's your year abroad?

I very much hope so. I really want to make a push to get published with one of the two novels I'm working on currently, or my current compilation of poetry...:erm:
    Calgary in Canada :yep:

Wow, fingers crossed! Any idea which is most likely to be published?

ReputationRep:
    Calgary in Canada :yep:

Wow, fingers crossed! Any idea which is most likely to be published?
    Oh, how wonderful! My parents have been to Canada and have raved over it. I envy you...

Well, none of them thus far, as they're unfinished...:erm: If I had to make a guess though, I'd say the novel I sent to you...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, how wonderful! My parents have been to Canada and have raved over it. I envy you...

Well, none of them thus far, as they're unfinished...:erm: If I had to make a guess though, I'd say the novel I sent to you...
    I've never been so VERY excited to go, may get some new writing material (at least I plan on keeping in depth blog so can remember things) may inspire something :yep:

Ooo I get the most publishable :ahee: exciting!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been so VERY excited to go, may get some new writing material (at least I plan on keeping in depth blog so can remember things) may inspire something :yep:

Ooo I get the most publishable :ahee: exciting!
    I can imagine. Yes, do - I need to follow your blog, in that case...

Ha, you may not be so impressed after reading it...:erm:

ReputationRep:
    awesome, I really want to start creative writing, i do english - but i wouldnt know where to start! joining anyway
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I can imagine. Yes, do - I need to follow your blog, in that case...

Ha, you may not be so impressed after reading it...:erm:
    I think I've got a link in sig :yep:

I've read a wee bit and like it so far :yy: (esp the Shakespeare reference!)

ReputationRep:
    I think I've got a link in sig :yep:

I've read a wee bit and like it so far :yy: (esp the Shakespeare reference!)
    Oh, I see it...I see it now...

Oh, really? :awesome: I'm glad to hear so...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, I see it...I see it now...

Oh, really? :awesome: I'm glad to hear so...
    Not much on it yet, but obvs will be later :yep:

I'm a bit of a Shakespeare fan so the reference made me instantly love it.

ReputationRep:
    Not much on it yet, but obvs will be later :yep:

I'm a bit of a Shakespeare fan so the reference made me instantly love it.
    Oh, glad to hear so.

Thank you. I haven't read nearly as much Shakespeare as I should have done, but I intend to rectify that over the summer...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, glad to hear so.

Thank you. I haven't read nearly as much Shakespeare as I should have done, but I intend to rectify that over the summer...
    I highly recommend "The Winter's Tale" if you haven't already read it, I could wax lyrical on it all day!

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend "The Winter's Tale" if you haven't already read it, I could wax lyrical on it all day!
    Oh, I've read 'The Winter's Tale', and utterly loved it. It was one of the Shakespeare plays I read prior to my university interviews...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, I've read 'The Winter's Tale', and utterly loved it. It was one of the Shakespeare plays I read prior to my university interviews...
    It was the Shakespeare play which made me fall in love with Shakespeare, then Much Ado made me love him even more!

ReputationRep:
    It was the Shakespeare play which made me fall in love with Shakespeare, then Much Ado made me love him even more!
    I did 'Much Ado' during my GCSE course, but probably wasn't mature enough to appreciate it. I think that my personal favourite is 'The Tempest'...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.