Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Nice use of smileys

I wrote two poems in my lecture on Friday cos the woman was so boring. Just thought I'd share that.
    lol constructive use of otherwise wasted time... i like it would the lecture have been interesting if the lecturer had been more interesting? i hate it when a good topic is ruined by a nervous/boring lecturer

(Original post by socialbutterfly888)
    lol constructive use of otherwise wasted time... i like it would the lecture have been interesting if the lecturer had been more interesting? i hate it when a good topic is ruined by a nervous/boring lecturer
    I know thanks.

Well if she didn't have the most monotonous voice ever...I still think it would have been dull. She didn't use any slides or anything, and just talked at us for one hour. On a book I'd only just started reading

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sitara :hello:

I doubt I'll be shocked, I write poetry for exactly the same reason, so my poems are normally a little psycho!

Heya, yeah mine are a little psycho so... yeah ... emm writers block right now (dang nabit)

Sometimes, if I send them to people they get scared by them.

But thanks for the hello. ;hijf;

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a poem yesterday when I was waiting to do the washing up. Now i need to type it up.... and bring it into light.

I attach for all of you, something I wrote a while ago. It's a collection of my poems, if you are interested. You dont have to be. Just thought it would introduce me properly.

Emm. Love,

Sitaraxxxx
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc the 'lost poems'.doc (79.5 KB, 175 views)

ReputationRep:
    There were some really good poems in there. Good job!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was just about to say "Well let's see some of these poems that people are writing, then!"

18 pages! Nice effort. I'm tinkering about with a few poems at the moment as well, and I'll post them when they're further along.
    Alternatively I could post what I've got now, then take c&c, then go on from there. . . Well, when I get time

I'll also be posting some pics of our Book Launch events in Switzerland when I get them to a suitable size and format, and when I have the time to upload them properly

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sir_Esh! Have you been keeping up with your reviews on Amazon for your novel? It's really quite impressive! Wish I had £8.98 to spare... But unfortunately, that kind of money only feeds me for a whole two days! God...I should cut down on food intake

Clicky!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone here give me a deadline to finish my next chapter? I'm stupidly busy and lazy; I need a push! :p:

PS: End of the week is realistic-ish.

Deadline = end of the week

I mainly write my poetry by hand. I never type it up until its complete. I have about nine atm to adjust to perfection before being typed up. I'm just too lazy to do it.

However here is one I finished a week or so ago, typical Blue Peter style. P.S. people often feel depressed after reading my poetry so I warn you now

I agree with wottabout, there are some good poems in there Sitara. I think the first few were stronger than the end, but on the whole very good.

Also, here's another I just dug up, written way back in Jan 2005. Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Deadline = end of the week

I mainly write my poetry by hand. I never type it up until its complete. I have about nine atm to adjust to perfection before being typed up. I'm just too lazy to do it.

However here is one I finished a week or so ago, typical Blue Peter style. P.S. people often feel depressed after reading my poetry so I warn you now

I write some by hand however it depends on the structure of the poems really or where i have inspiration. i try and do everything by hand first because its more meaningful.

I love the poem, tis amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with wottabout, there are some good poems in there Sitara. I think the first few were stronger than the end, but on the whole very good.

Also, here's another I just dug up, written way back in Jan 2005. Enjoy.
    Thanks for this comment. I really appreciate it. yes the ones near the beginning are stronger, because they are in some sort of order which flowed from my mind and just came together like that.... but thankies

(Original post by starchild)
    I write some by hand however it depends on the structure of the poems really or where i have inspiration. i try and do everything by hand first because its more meaningful.
    I think the structure is easier to do by hand first, on screen you get those silly grammar underlinings and I find that off putting. I thinkn getting it down withpen and paper is more personal and therefore, as you say, more meaningful.
    I love the poem, tis amazing!!
    Thank you :blushing:
    Thanks for this comment. I really appreciate it. yes the ones near the beginning are stronger, because they are in some sort of order which flowed from my mind and just came together like that.... but thankies
    Yes you can see how they link together, like a thought progression. My recent ones have been like that actually, but it's not surprising considering I wrote one after the other in quick succession over a couple of nights . Anyway, that's ok, a very interesting read.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

:hello: Another writer here Prose and poetry mainly. I'm studying Creative Writing at uni, which is going well so far If you want, you can see some of my work here:

http://forgotmytea.deviantart.com
    http://forgotmytea.tripod.com/id16.html

-Forgotmytea

ReputationRep:
    Guys, you should read Jayk_Bakners stuff (his "work in progress"). It's entertaining and he's spends one heck of an amount of time writing it!

Public Relations Officer, out.

Glad you made it Forgotmytea.

Some nice work you got there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    Guys, you should read Jayk_Bakners stuff (his "work in progress"). It's entertaining and he's spends one heck of an amount of time writing it!

Public Relations Officer, out.
    I feel so....so....cool

Today, I thought I would experiment with a different type of writing. I usually write short line/stanza poetry, and I normally disregard rhyme completely. Well I've been reading Ben Jonson and Edgar Allen Poe recently, which has obviously inspored me.

Firstly I wrote with full length lines, i.e. abandoing my usual technique of single word lines. Not only that I managed to incorporate a conventional A-B rhyme scheme without it sounding forced, that is, without it sounding as if I made it my mission to deliberately rhyme, as I find that is always much weaker. I did not however, attempt to include an iambic metre; I think that would have greatly reduced my chances of still making it rhyme.

Secondly, I tried writing in the 'prose-poetry' style. This too I feel was quite a successful exeriment, incorporating inner rhyme (where the rhyme is in the middle of sentences as opposed to the end). I think with this type of writing you can see the writer's flow of conciousness better than merely writing a poem.

All in all I am pretty pleased with these experiments; I may type them up after I've typed up the other 10 poems I am working on at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa.. I tried writing a poem once. It was terrible. I wrote it in 10 minutes. (It was for English class and I forgot all about it!) I do have a couple of REALLY big paragraphs in the story I am writing. I'm planning o writing in this particular story untill I run out of plot. I xn post what I have so far if anyone is interested. Most of it I wrote on the way to a band competition. I was really bored and I was sitting by my lonesome and I had noting better to do. I also happened to have an inspiration streak.

Sure I'll take a look.

And as for saying your poem was terrible, I think poetry it's because it is a very different type of writing than writing novels/stories. Some people have the knack for one and some people have the knack for the other.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.