Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my poems is being published in an anthology by ForwardPoetry :awesome:

(Original post by madders94)
    One of my poems is being published in an anthology by ForwardPoetry :awesome:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else annoyed at studying getting in the way of writing? I really am. Doesn't look like I'll be able to do Camp NaNo anymore

ReputationRep:
    Completely forgot about this thread! I'm writing a script for a comedy TV series... So far so good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Anyone else annoyed at studying getting in the way of writing? I really am. Doesn't look like I'll be able to do Camp NaNo anymore
    God yes: all i want to do is write my own stuff, yet i am stuck researching and writing essays on the euro crisis; the material is so finicky that i gain very little enjoyment, or even satisfaction out of writing on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Completely forgot about this thread! I'm writing a script for a comedy TV series... So far so good!
    Sounds good Any clues as to what it's about/where it's set?

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain! I have no time to even imagine my story-lines; exams have certainly got in the way. What's camp nano?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Esh)
    Sounds like a good idea, and I was shocked to find out that there is none at the moment! :eek:

However, that is something that I wish to remedy quickly enough. Would anyone else be interested in joining such a society? The aim would be to talk about the things that you wrote / are currently writing / plan to write, give advice, help and support each other, give tips, encourage people to get their work published, and how best to go about it, and all that sort of thing. All while having good fun! What more could you want!?

If you are at all interested, please post and say so, so that we can get this society up and running!

(If you feel that this society is a complete waste of time, you are, of course, welcome to say that too )

I figured this would be the best place to have the thread for the moment, as most people potentially interested would browse around here...

~ Sir Esh
    Awesome idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Sounds good Any clues as to what it's about/where it's set?
    It's about a history teacher who's just joined a very prestigious boarding school from a local modern school, and about his experience there. It's a comedy but takes a look at what's wrong with society, though also contains the occasional romantic scene. I've created about 10 characters already (more coming, but these are the most frequently appearing ones) all with rather amusing and, hopefully, interesting back-stories and personalities

ReputationRep:
    It's about a history teacher who's just joined a very prestigious boarding school from a local modern school, and about his experience there. It's a comedy but takes a look at what's wrong with society, though also contains the occasional romantic scene. I've created about 10 characters already (more coming, but these are the most frequently appearing ones) all with rather amusing and, hopefully, interesting back-stories and personalities
    Definitely sounds interesting
    Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely sounds interesting
    Hope it goes well!
    Thanks

Are you working on anything?

ReputationRep:
    I finally think I know where I'm going with 'Marathon Man'. :woo: I'm working on the planning first, though, as it'll just be a convoluted mess if I don't plan it minutely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whostolemycookie)
    I feel your pain! I have no time to even imagine my story-lines; exams have certainly got in the way. What's camp nano?

There's NaNoWriMo, in which you write 50,000 words in 30 days in November. Then there's Camp NaNoWriMo, which is NaNoWriMo during summer (this year, June & August) for those who prefer a holiday writing spree.

NaNo always clashes with my exams, but I did reach 40K last year. I did Camp NaNo in June, too, but I had to stop ten days early cause I was attending HECTIC extra religious classes :| And I've just started a Year 10, which, according to my teachers, means that nothing in life exists except for homework.

But I'd love to try in August, just for the heck of it. Are you talking about 'ordinary' exams, or GCSEs etc? (I see your sig. I feel your pain. I have friends who FB me everyday to ask how I can be so relaxed when their lives will collapse in a month.)

ReputationRep:
    There's NaNoWriMo, in which you write 50,000 words in 30 days in November. Then there's Camp NaNoWriMo, which is NaNoWriMo during summer (this year, June & August) for those who prefer a holiday writing spree.

NaNo always clashes with my exams, but I did reach 40K last year. I did Camp NaNo in June, too, but I had to stop ten days early cause I was attending HECTIC extra religious classes :| And I've just started a Year 10, which, according to my teachers, means that nothing in life exists except for homework.

But I'd love to try in August, just for the heck of it. Are you talking about 'ordinary' exams, or GCSEs etc? (I see your sig. I feel your pain. I have friends who FB me everyday to ask how I can be so relaxed when their lives will collapse in a month.)
    40K! That's amazing! I would love to participate, do you win something at the end? Yes it's my first 'real' results and I'm really petrified, I try to take my mind off it but I honestly can't

ReputationRep:
    40K! That's amazing! I would love to participate, do you win something at the end? Yes it's my first 'real' results and I'm really petrified, I try to take my mind off it but I honestly can't
    There are Winner Goodies, like free Indie Publishing (I think) and lots of offers from various software companies, but the best part is the fun It's ridiculously awesome!

Don't worry... (That didn't really help, did it?) Er, find something new and weird to do? Read a new book? Watch a new TV series? (Sherlock?) I really have NO idea. I want to come to England after my IGCSEs, mainly to look at the colleges and Unis and make myself worry more :|

ReputationRep:
    There are Winner Goodies, like free Indie Publishing (I think) and lots of offers from various software companies, but the best part is the fun It's ridiculously awesome!

Don't worry... (That didn't really help, did it?) Er, find something new and weird to do? Read a new book? Watch a new TV series? (Sherlock?) I really have NO idea. I want to come to England after my IGCSEs, mainly to look at the colleges and Unis and make myself worry more :|
    It's alright, I'm trying to keep occupied by doing different things. Where do you live now, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, I'm trying to keep occupied by doing different things. Where do you live now, if you don't mind me asking?
    No problem I live in Tanzania (Have all my life) but I really want to come to England (Or Wales, or anywhere in the UK really) for Uni. I wanted to come for A Levels, but my Mum isn't ready for me to leave so soon

Best of luck being occupied!

ReputationRep:
    No problem I live in Tanzania (Have all my life) but I really want to come to England (Or Wales, or anywhere in the UK really) for Uni. I wanted to come for A Levels, but my Mum isn't ready for me to leave so soon

Best of luck being occupied!
    That's really cool! I haven't been anywhere apart from the uk to be honest. I want to live in France or something, as long as I'm out of London-not that it's a bad place or anything

Thanks will do

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Are you working on anything?
    No problem

Well my friend and I wrote a pilot for a sitcom about students (hardly the most original idea) just for some fun
    But now I don't have anything to be getting on with unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Well my friend and I wrote a pilot for a sitcom about students (hardly the most original idea) just for some fun
    But now I don't have anything to be getting on with unfortunately.
    Other than sitcoms what do you usually write about?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.