Turn on thread page Beta

Writers Society! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Callahan)
    Not on there currently, got an account I read it with though, as it'd probably be too easy to spot me by posting.

Nice one on the writing, I've been reading some of your blog. It's pretty good.

I've been fine, cheers. Just got back from ten days in Greece the other day so a bit knackered. :P

Not sure if you remember my thread on there, but I'm writing, too. Fiction stuff, mainly, but just trying to write as much as I can.
    If it's the topic I remember, then I really enjoyed it, especially as I think it was a 'rough draft'. If you've got anymore on the horizon, definitely get it up in here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmucks)
    If it's the topic I remember, then I really enjoyed it, especially as I think it was a 'rough draft'. If you've got anymore on the horizon, definitely get it up in here!
    Oh, thanks very much!

I deleted what I wrote there, unfortunately, but I suppose I could always write a short story or something in the time being. I'll get it up in here if and when I do write something. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I recently got asked by quite a big Leeds United website to share some views regarding our season, and it's been released today;

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/201...1213-part-one/

Nothing big for me in terms of writing here, but it's nice recognition to be asked to give my views for them!

ReputationRep:
    I recently got asked by quite a big Leeds United website to share some views regarding our season, and it's been released today;

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/201...1213-part-one/

Nothing big for me in terms of writing here, but it's nice recognition to be asked to give my views for them!
    Good stuff. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Count me in

ReputationRep:
    Hey, why the Hell not! I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    Boy, do I have a busy few months ahead of me. Got so many projects that I'm working on right now and the pile keeps building up! All my stuff for uni still needs to be gathered too! I will be moving into accommodation soon and that will most likely screw up my work schedule a bit.
    As for the work pile it consists of finishing a second draft for my first novel, editing my adapted screenplay of my first novel, working on a few scripts that I will be building over the time, that I am at uni, writing FOUR comic book scripts for four different series, collaborating with old friends on a ultra-violent horror musical, (It's got Kubrick elements to it), a short stop-motion samurai film, another short neo-noir animated film, oh and I have yet to make an outline for my next novel, which might be set in a 1930's asylum, that is situated in 'Secret location'. Oh and I'm also collaborating with another writer and finishing up on a steampunk graphic novel too. I'm going to be so overworked at this point.

ReputationRep:
    http://sotontab.co.uk/headline/2012/...s-perspective/ I wrote this at three in the morning, grammars and punctuation is a bit off because of that but pretty happy with how it came out.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone here writes literary stuff? I'm trying but finding it really difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Now that 6th form is starting I'm gonna have so much on my plate. Any advice on how i can keep up with writing my short stories? : /

ReputationRep:
    I frequently start things and I have so many ideas and concepts and premises buzzing around in the ether, but I never really know how to string the story together and I almost always end up going on some philosophical tangent.

Any advice for properly working a story?

ReputationRep:
    AHHH Steptoe! Yeah that's me You not on there under a different alias? Everyone else who gets kicked off is

It's going alright thanks, Square Ball lads picked up on the last piece and put it on their weekly piece for Leeds Online, so that's pretty cool! How've you been?
    MOT boys, MOT.

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Just wondering if anyone here writes literary stuff? I'm trying but finding it really difficult.
    What sort of stuff do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd give this a bump with my latest piece; http://becchiowellplaced.blogspot.co...t-nothing.html

Hows everyone doing, then?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Thought i'd give this a bump with my latest piece; http://becchiowellplaced.blogspot.co...t-nothing.html

Not doing too badly, there's a writers club at Calgary uni (where I'm on exchange for a year!) going to their first session next thurs, see what it's like then maybe get up courage to submit some of my work for critique!

ReputationRep:

Really enjoyed that. Very well-written, too.

BTW, I'm back on WACCOE.

Always a pleasure to read your stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Not doing too badly, there's a writers club at Calgary uni (where I'm on exchange for a year!) going to their first session next thurs, see what it's like then maybe get up courage to submit some of my work for critique!
    Sounds great! What are you studying whilst you're out there?

(Original post by Harry Callahan)
    Really enjoyed that. Very well-written, too.

BTW, I'm back on WACCOE.
    Cheers mate, appreciate that! Who are you these days? Not that it should get mentioned over there, they're quicker than anything ready to get rid of anyone returning nowadays! Dean's had it about 5 times already.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Always a pleasure to read your stuff.
    Cheers bud!

ReputationRep:

Cheers mate, appreciate that! Who are you these days? Not that it should get mentioned over there, they're quicker than anything ready to get rid of anyone returning nowadays! Dean's had it about 5 times already.

Cheers bud!
    I'm Mytikas on there now.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Linguistics :woo:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.