HellaConfused
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm not a law student but I've been given a essay regarding the CPS.

I'm suppose to evaluate the CPS.

I'm just wondering what cases should I use, eg Lawrence racial entrenched case. What points should I hit.

Thanks peeps.
happyinthehaze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

I wouldn't advise you what cases to put etc but I would certainly have a look at the CPS prosecuting remit, ie what elements do they have to hit in order to prosecute? It is all online eg is it in the public interest to prosecute, is there sufficient evidence to prosecute. You could also look up the CPS guidance on how to decide whether or not to prosecute - then work out which cases have got the CPS into a media storm and start from there.

I think FGM is an interesting one - it's been illegal for AGES but I think the CPS are just prosecuting now. You could also look up what Keir Starma has got to say on it all now he has left.

Victims is a big current thing in the CPS also

(Original post by HellaConfused)
I'm not a law student but I've been given a essay regarding the CPS.

I'm suppose to evaluate the CPS.

I'm just wondering what cases should I use, eg Lawrence racial entrenched case. What points should I hit.

Thanks peeps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.74%
Less motivated (146)
75.26%

Watched Threads