?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
what ?
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's all ice, everybody's surname ends in nen and they all live in Igloos.
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most people don't really have an opinion on Finland as it isn't a very well known country here.
Trip506
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lots of snow, very cold, speak very difficult and unique language and have a stereotype for being drunk on vodka.
chukster97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They have awesome f1 drivers
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I couldn't really have less of an opinion on Finland, never think or hear about it ever.
masterridley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's cold, babies learn to drive rally cars before they learn to walk and finns invented mobiles cause they were too shy to talk to each other face2face!

This is 100% fact.

PS: I'm Greek.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is Finland.
masterridley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also that guy killed a billion people with a sniper rifle!

Edit: ****! (or perkele) forgot about the awesome bands, Amorphis, COB, Nightwish, Wintersun et al
treetrunks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't really have an opinion on Finland, but I remember the time they won Eurovision with Lordi and it was great
miser
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's pretty great. It would be nice if the UK was more similar to Finland (except the weather). It seems like a culture of very rational people.
semi-nolon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're the tough ones of Scandinavia. With a large border to Russia, I imagine they are sleeping like a cat on an electric fence right now: Russia has famously contested Finland's territory in the past (Winter War, which is also the same conflict world's best sniper Simo Häyhä fought in), and recently was accused of spying on Finland's foreign affairs office in 2013. A Finnish friend of mine tells me they still have conscription for these reasons. Other than that, I only know the Finns for Lapland and Father Christmas.
Cormac Easton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I think it's pretty great. It would be nice if the UK was more similar to Finland (except the weather). It seems like a culture of very rational people.

Oh God. We'd be even more boring than we are now.
EloiseStar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I met a Finnish guy when I was studying abroad. I had never met anyone from Finland before so didn't really have an opinion, still don't really. He was just a regular guy but seriously knew how to party and kind of gave off the vibe that Finnish people like parties...
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd like to go one day.
miser
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cormac Easton)
Oh God. We'd be even more boring than we are now.
A bit of sanity would be paradise.
Wahrheit
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Friendly but reserved people, lots of vodka, lots of forests, cold, blonde hair, unique language which is nothing like other Nordic language with lots of interesting looking words with lots of double vowels and stuff, quite laid back, crazy expensive alcohol, blue eyes, good but laid back education, small class sizes, not sure if I can think of any more
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no opinion.
MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
have no thoughts on it... doesn't even cross our minds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kopi, ffs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stoic warriors, long-time Swedish underlings, sunset, dark forests, heavy metal, beards, starting school at seven and calling the teachers by their first names (?), excellent academic results, a soft-spoken and gentle people, gender equality, Kimi Raikkonen, Mika Hakkinen, Sami Hyypia, mad language.

Long sweeping scenes of vast, dark green countryside with this song playing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise