The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Looking for room mates for 2015 - BIMM Brighton

Hey, my name's Amy :smile: I've been offered a place at BIMM Brighton to start next year in October 2015 and I need to find some people to live with :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey Amy :smile:

I've applied for Songwriting at BIMM Brighton and I've got an assessment/audition in January some time. No idea how it's going to go but if all goes well then I'll probably need to find a pal to share a place with come October! What course have you applied for?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by BWinter3107
Hey Amy :smile:

I've applied for Songwriting at BIMM Brighton and I've got an assessment/audition in January some time. No idea how it's going to go but if all goes well then I'll probably need to find a pal to share a place with come October! What course have you applied for?

Hey :smile:
Cool! Good luck and I hope it goes well!
I'm doing the Music Business course but I also play guitar. :smile: I'm not from Brighton so I definitely need to find some people to live with haha, are you from Brighton?
Original post by AmyMillie
Hey :smile:
Cool! Good luck and I hope it goes well!
I'm doing the Music Business course but I also play guitar. :smile: I'm not from Brighton so I definitely need to find some people to live with haha, are you from Brighton?

Thank you! Ah nice one, I was thinking of doing something on the business side but thought I'd have a crack at a performance course as I wasn't really sure about going to Uni at all until last month haha.

Nope I'm from the fine city of Norwich so I've got a bit of trek down there and have no idea what to do about accommodation...
Reply 4
Thank you! Ah nice one, I was thinking of doing something on the business side but thought I'd have a crack at a performance course as I wasn't really sure about going to Uni at all until last month haha.

Nope I'm from the fine city of Norwich so I've got a bit of trek down there and have no idea what to do about accommodation...

No problem! You'll be fine :smile:
The performance course does look good though!
Norwich? quite the trek then? haha, I'm from Sheffield so i'll join you on that one :smile:
I know that they have someone who works for them that helps sort out housemates and accommodation for BIMM students, but I thought 'd find people on here as well to try and get to know some people :smile:
No problem! You'll be fine :smile:
The performance course does look good though!
Norwich? quite the trek then? haha, I'm from Sheffield so i'll join you on that one :smile:
I know that they have someone who works for them that helps sort out housemates and accommodation for BIMM students, but I thought 'd find people on here as well to try and get to know some people :smile:

Hopefully but I've got contingency plans if it messes up so I'll just have fun with it :smile:
Yeah I found that George Ezra and a load of other big artists have been on similar BIMM courses so it must be alright!
Aha wow that's even more of a trek for you then, have fun with that :h:
Honestly I'm worried about what it's going to be like so it would be ace to know some before I get there :smile:
Reply 6
Hopefully but I've got contingency plans if it messes up so I'll just have fun with it :smile:
Yeah I found that George Ezra and a load of other big artists have been on similar BIMM courses so it must be alright!
Aha wow that's even more of a trek for you then, have fun with that :h:
Honestly I'm worried about what it's going to be like so it would be ace to know some before I get there :smile:

I hope it goes well anyway, you'll have to let me know how it goes! :smile:
And I know! It's quite the trek, a good 5 hours in the car -_- haha
I hope it goes well anyway, you'll have to let me know how it goes! :smile:
And I know! It's quite the trek, a good 5 hours in the car -_- haha

It's still over a month away but I shall do! I haven't actually been to Brighton before so I'm hoping it's as nice as it sounds :smile:
Reply 8
It's still over a month away but I shall do! I haven't actually been to Brighton before so I'm hoping it's as nice as it sounds :smile:

I've been twice with my parents to the BIMM open days. It's such a nice place! :smile:
Reply 9
Hey guys :smile: my name is Grace and i'll be on the professional musicianship course for Bass in 2015. Will also be looking for some people to live with, maybe in a house??? Not really sure how it all works to be honest haha.
Reply 10
Original post by gracedm
Hey guys :smile: my name is Grace and i'll be on the professional musicianship course for Bass in 2015. Will also be looking for some people to live with, maybe in a house??? Not really sure how it all works to be honest haha.

Hey Grace,
A house, yeah. I have no idea how we'd go about getting one haha. I think you have to contact the lady who works with BIMM, her name's Jackie Phillips (her details on are the website). She charges a small fee but she helps you find a house haha! :smile:
Are you from Brighton?
Reply 11
Hey Grace,
A house, yeah. I have no idea how we'd go about getting one haha. I think you have to contact the lady who works with BIMM, her name's Jackie Phillips (her details on are the website). She charges a small fee but she helps you find a house haha! :smile:
Are you from Brighton?

Ok, cool. :smile: I'll have a look at that. Now you've come to mention it I think I've already got her details. Sounds good. No, I'm actually from Bath (near Bristol) but Brighton was so lovely when I went to the open day! Seems like you have a long way to travel!
Reply 12
Original post by gracedm
Ok, cool. :smile: I'll have a look at that. Now you've come to mention it I think I've already got her details. Sounds good. No, I'm actually from Bath (near Bristol) but Brighton was so lovely when I went to the open day! Seems like you have a long way to travel!

Oh cool! I've never been to Bath but I've heard it's so nice there! :smile: and I know! Haha I'm so far away! What date did you go to the open day? It's such a nice place isn't it?! :smile:
Reply 13
Oh cool! I've never been to Bath but I've heard it's so nice there! :smile: and I know! Haha I'm so far away! What date did you go to the open day? It's such a nice place isn't it?! :smile:

Yeah Bath is pretty nice too, I'm really lucky buuut I'd love a change of scenery! Ah yeah you are ages away! I'm 3 and a half hours driving so it could be worse I guess. Not sure when I went to the open day but it was earlier this year. I'd already completed my audition in September so i just need my a levels now...which will be fine! So excited! We can jam together some time haha
Original post by gracedm
Yeah Bath is pretty nice too, I'm really lucky buuut I'd love a change of scenery! Ah yeah you are ages away! I'm 3 and a half hours driving so it could be worse I guess. Not sure when I went to the open day but it was earlier this year. I'd already completed my audition in September so i just need my a levels now...which will be fine! So excited! We can jam together some time haha

Hey I've only just caught up on all of this, I have some family in Bradford-on-Avon and Bath was really nice from what I remember! I haven't been to any open days but everyone is saying good things about it :smile: What did they ask you to do in the audition and was it pretty chill?
Reply 15
Hey I've only just caught up on all of this, I have some family in Bradford-on-Avon and Bath was really nice from what I remember! I haven't been to any open days but everyone is saying good things about it :smile: What did they ask you to do in the audition and was it pretty chill?

Hey :smile: Cool thats not too far! Yeah it's a nice place I think you'll love it. I'm not sure about guitar how it works for guitar but I had Antonio Angotti for my audition in Bristol. (You can audition at any BIMM apart from london) as it transfers - which is great. They asked me things about major/minor scales and pentatonc stuff up and down the neck. Bits about chords and some theory where they made me read notation from a board and had to play it (which I sucked at since I can only read tab) and of course the one track you prepare for them. To be honest, I can't really remember exactly what he asked me to play but nothing too daunting as far as I can tell! :smile: Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gracedm
Hey :smile: Cool thats not too far! Yeah it's a nice place I think you'll love it. I'm not sure about guitar how it works for guitar but I had Antonio Angotti for my audition in Bristol. (You can audition at any BIMM apart from london) as it transfers - which is great. They asked me things about major/minor scales and pentatonc stuff up and down the neck. Bits about chords and some theory where they made me read notation from a board and had to play it (which I sucked at since I can only read tab) and of course the one track you prepare for them. To be honest, I can't really remember exactly what he asked me to play but nothing too daunting as far as I can tell! :smile: Good luck!

Sweet, I can't wait to look around it myself :smile: Ah that makes sense why I haven't heard from Bristol then! That's great thanks, should hopefully have some time to prepare over the holidays, even if I do suck at theory haha. Cheers, I'll let you both know how I get on :smile:
Reply 17
Sweet, I can't wait to look around it myself :smile: Ah that makes sense why I haven't heard from Bristol then! That's great thanks, should hopefully have some time to prepare over the holidays, even if I do suck at theory haha. Cheers, I'll let you both know how I get on :smile:

Yeah it like a less busy, cheaper version of London but by the sea. Its great. Don't worry I can't do theory for **** but I still got 3 BIMM offers! Yeah let us know. If you guys both still want to house share or if things go to plan then add me on Facebook..its easier! :smile: Grace De Miceli
Reply 18
Original post by gracedm
Yeah it like a less busy, cheaper version of London but by the sea. Its great. Don't worry I can't do theory for **** but I still got 3 BIMM offers! Yeah let us know. If you guys both still want to house share or if things go to plan then add me on Facebook..its easier! :smile: Grace De Miceli

Yeah Ben, you'll have to let us know how you get on! :smile: and I've added you on facebook Grace. I'm Amy Wildsmith :smile: feel free to both add me haha
Reply 19
Hi I'm Kaya, I've got an unconditional place at BIMM next year and doing the same course as you Amy.
I'm actually from Brighton but not fancying living at home at all lol so looking for a house share as well. I'm a dj and promote for some clubs down here and would happily show you all about :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending